YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
There is a new Van Voorst in the making, due to arrive in mid-April! We are currently fifteen weeks along.
At the ultrasound a few weeks ago, this little nugget was shaped kind of like a big toe with arms and legs, and we could NOT BE MORE IN LOOOOOOOVE! Oh my gosh, how cute, right?
At the appointment, I was just amazed as I stared at the screen. Somewhere hidden deep inside me is this whole little person - a person whose story has already begun, whose potential is still unknown, whose personality is all their own, whose calling is already known by God. This is an eternal soul, an immortal being. As I watched this little thing kicking and punching and wiggling around, all completely undetected by my own sensations, I was just in awe - yet again - that God would choose to give us such an extraordinary gift.
I know there are arguments out there against having kids, or more kids, or lots of kids. But staring at that screen, I'm sorry, but it was evident none of those arguments hold a candle to the single argument in favor of inviting new life to dwell with us: it's a miracle. That's all. A miracle that we're invited to participate in, that we're invited to be blessed by: the opportunity to invest in something unique and awe-striking and eternal. I don't care what it costs me; I unashamedly, unabashedly, unhesitatingly want to be part of that. I do.
This is baby #7 for us as parents. But this is the first time we will have the blessing of knowing this baby - of hearing their first words, of hearing them laugh, of discovering their passions and talents, of guiding them through their areas of weakness, of teaching them by example to need Jesus, of watching them change the world and display the Gospel in their own specific way. It's all a gift unique to this child. We would not have the chance to know this child if we had limited our family size before now. And staring at that screen, I realized just what I'd be missing out on, how impoverished I would be, without this specific little one. I'm so grateful for my riches.
SO - all that to say, please congratulate us! Please enter into our joy with us! Please join us in anticipating the arrival of this new, precious human person that God has uniquely, purposely created for this exact time and this exact place. You are witnessing a miracle!

9 comments :
Yay!! I'm excited with you and what a gift to this baby that mom is so excited and not hum drum!
Congratulations!! The miracle of life is so amazing! Every day I stare at my son and recall how he was a little lima bean the first time we saw him, and now here he is all smiles and laughs and so much joy! So happy for your family that you get to experience this awesome feeling again. What a wonderful blessing!!
So exciting!!! It is a joy to watch your sweet family grow!
Exciting!!! Was lovely seeing you at Lauren's shower! Praying it will be a smooth pregnancy and delivery. God Bless you all!! ����
Congratulations, VanVoorst family! A few weeks ago when you wrote about just wanting to lie on the couch all day, I said to myself, "She's pregnant again." :) NAILED IT.
I really appreciate everything you said about this unrepeatable life, and the privilege you have. It really speaks to and touches my soul. Thank you. Congrats repeated!
YAAAAY!!!!!!! I’m fifteen weeks along as well!!!!!! Hooray for your sweet family!!!! And cheers to the second trimester, here’s to no more barfing! (Fingers crossed ;) )
Congratulations, Paige and VV family! I may have heard this through the grapevine (oops) but I'm super excited for you all, regardless! Love you all and love this little life! God is faithful and good!
we are the van "more"sts
Congratulations and thank you for your testimony! Beautiful!
I will be curious to find out what you decide about a vehicle and if God will keep up your family's gender pattern so far :)
Post a Comment