Pages

'sup, little riders?

(Name that movie!)

Well, I think you can gather from the sheer number of posts about our trip to the Black Hills that we all had a blast, but one day in particular stood out for the kids, especially Penelope: the day they got to ride Joe the Horse!



Waiting for Papa Tony to get Joe all ready for their ride...



Scrappy little cowhand.




Penelope, like many eight-year-old girls, is in love with horses.  She was so comfortable and natural riding Joe, and even got a chance to ride him solo without Papa needing to hold the lead rope!




Not to be outshone, Rocco casually tried his hand at cowpoking, even though Joe was about a million times his own size.  NBD.




Laurelai was not convinced she wanted a ride - at least, a ride of this particular variety.  So she stuck to her trusty bike.




Again, not to be outshone, Rocco hopped on his own bike.  One that had a button to play its own music.  One whose music made Rocco channel his inner Hell's Angel.  He seriously made this face about 100% of the time he was sitting on the bike.



Then, everyone started getting jiggy with it.  Here, the kids are having a floss-off.



And here, Finneas is doing his best dab.



When I see these photos, my first instinct is to be proud we're not raising weirdo homeschoolers who don't know what the floss is, or how to dab.  But my second instinct is to suspect that perhaps at this cultural moment, only weird homeschoolers are continuing on with the floss and the dab.  I'm sure Jello Fingers or The Fwip are out there somewhere, gaining traction among the more culturally relevant.  But leave us in blissful ignorance, okay?

And, unrelated to anything else I've posted here today, but too adorable not to share, Finneas found a turkey feather, and Laurelai got to live out some pretty hardcore Pocahontas pretend play.  (I'm sure I'm being culturally insensitive somehow in posting these, but half the time I suspect I'm being inadvertently culturally insensitive to someone anyway, so I might as well just enjoy my five-year-old in all her P.C.-ignorance without getting too worked up about it.)


 

ADORABLE, no?

2 comments :

todd said...

Hot Rod - of course!!!

it is fun being a few weeks removed from vacation to be able to look back and remember how much fun that was. can't wait til next year!

Lissa said...

I think Laurelai looks so much like Lauren here!