Pages

what's up weekly.

It's Friday again already.  HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?!

Our week was mostly uneventful and spent still playing catch-up, though I do think we're getting back into the groove finally.  I still have mountains of laundry to put away, but school seems to be back on track, which is my primary yardstick for how on top of my life I feel.  The kids got all their morning work done this week, and if the weather cooperates this morning, we're planning on heading to the pool to celebrate!

I will mention that we had an especially out-of-the-ordinary privilege last weekend: our friend Ashley, who was one of our closest friends from our church plant in Cedar Falls, has lived overseas for nearly two years, and is back in the States for a little refresher before heading back into the field.  We got twenty-four glorious hours with her, and it was so great to catch up!  (It was simultaneously sobering and hilarious to think about the fact that the last time she was at our house, she was getting ready to leave for the first time, and I spilled the beans about our pregnancy with Callista - she was the first to know!  The fact that Callista is now a toddler feels mind-blowing.)



In other out-of-the-ordinary news, I babysat two (count 'em, two) little babies at the same time on Tuesday.  In a weird coincidence, both of their moms had dentist appointments at the exact same time (at different dentists, obviously).  So I got the privilege of experiencing what it would be like to wrangle two infants at once, and let me tell you, it is not a cake walk.  You moms of multiples out there, I applaud you.

A friend made us dinner on Tuesday, and there were enough leftovers from that to feed everyone on Wednesday, and Todd and I went out on a date last night (Red Lobster, because we're fancy), and tonight is our take out night, so I haven't had to cook dinner since MONDAY, y'all.  I worry I'm getting too used to this.  It's entirely possible that I will refuse to ever cook again.  As it currently stands, I basically only serve food on paper plates anymore, so I'm already treading on dangerous ground.  Pray for my family.

Doesn't this little angel deserve more than chicken nuggets and tater tots served on a paper plate?  This is why you need to pray.


1 comment :

todd said...

the wages of couch time is dino-chicken nuggets