While goal setting is something that is becoming more natural for me, goal follow-through is the really groundbreaking work happening in my life at the moment. I noticed that when I posted my goals last month, it really helped me get on it so I could hold my head high around here instead of having to schlump around in the shadows of failure. I think I need that again, especially now that it's February. I am anticipating desperately needing a tangible win or two at the end of this month.
So, without further ado, my February goals.
Personal
*Get back on track with my Bible reading plan. I have fallen off the wagon these last few months with Christmas and then a couple rounds of illness.
*Read four books. This is backing off my recent hardcore ambitions for getting huge stacks of books read each month, but I'm slowing down lately, and I have a lot to get done around the house, so I'm going to give myself the grace to be a bit more realistic. I'm not even going to pick what they're going to be in advance.
*Get down to goal weight. I am soveryclose. I haven't seen my 'target' weight since my postpartum days with Atticus, other than when I get really skinny during morning sickness seasons. I want to get there this time! I'll plan on sticking more closely to the Trim Healthy Mama plan than I have been.
*Get through exercises Two and Three in Ab Rehab. I have a small gap that I need to close again, and I've been seriously delinquent about dealing with it.
*Paint Callista's ceiling. This doesn't really get me headed in the direction of being a better or more disciplined person, but it does force me to face something I don't really want to do.
Look, I made some new bling for the Facebook page!
Blog/Online
*Post at least three vlogs. I don't know why I feel so weird and self-conscious about these, but I just need to jump in. (If you've got any topics you'd like me to cover, make sure to let me know!)
*Host another Facebook Live event. Not sure what the topic will be, but I'd love to have another super casual, conversational night with you guys. I loved the talk on homeschooling a couple of weeks ago!
*Blog each weekday in February. I really had fun sticking to this last month. Forcing myself to write that regularly really got me out of a creativity funk, and got the juices flowing again. While I don't know if I can keep up that pace every month, I'd like to at least try again for February.
*Get a little closer to moving this blog over to my permanent domain. I don't know what all this will involve, other than a lot of prayer and probably a lot of cussing, but I'd like to finally get it figured out.
So. There are my goals for the next four weeks! Seeing it all written out like that makes me feel a little trepidation, but that's good. Goals aren't really goals unless they make you feel like you actually have to work to meet them. Otherwise, they're just likelihoods or wishlists.
So now it's time to muster my inner Teddy and charge up San Juan Hill*!
*Obviously I mean February, but "Charge up February" is less catchy, so I figured, why alter a classic?

4 comments :
My sister pointed me to your blog and I enjoy reading (your writing style is hilarious and just excellent). I am a mom who wishes she had a big family (we are done at three due to health concerns) and love what you share. I realize you didn't ask, but younghouselove.com has a very thorough post on getting your own domain and host and all that jazz, if you need a little direction!
Will Winter never be over?
Will the dark days never go?
Must the buttercup and clover
Be always hid under the snow?
Ah, lend me your little ear, love!
Hark! 'tis a beautiful thing;
The weariest month of the year, love,
Is shortest and nearest to spring.
and by the dubs, i LOVE that new banner. sooooo good. well done. i really like it.
Rachel, it's so great to hear from you - thanks for reading! I'll have to check out that Young House Love post - I am seriously losing my mind on the tech side of blogging!
Post a Comment