We tried to make it to church on Sunday, which would have been my first Sunday in church since January 14, but it was too icy. We had freezing rain all night on Saturday, and by Sunday morning the ice on the windshield was a good quarter of an inch thick, and Todd could barely chisel it off. By the time a lot of it had been painstakingly chipped and scraped and hacked at, it occurred to us that we might not even be able to get out of the driveway if we did get the ice cleared - we live on a verrrrry steep hill. Todd went to investigate, and as I glanced out the side mirror, all I saw was him flailing his arms around and grasping for the mailbox to steady himself as he began to slide down the hill. That sealed our fate. We were stuck at home, yet again. So we did 'house church' in the basement, singing worship songs and listening to a Mark Driscoll sermon together. It was actually really nice, but I'm looking forward to getting back into a normal routine of being at church.
This week was full of holidays of sorts: Monday was Lincoln's birthday, which is a day observed with respect at our house. If you're new around here, you will soon find out that I have a deep, abiding, consuming obsession with Abraham Lincoln that I will never recant. I love him. I loooooove him.
Tuesday was my sister's birthday, which is another major landmark in American history that should be talked about with the hushed tones of the reverent. I only wish I could have spent it with her!
Wednesday was Valentine's Day, which was so much fun! Todd came home on his lunch break, bringing flowers for the boys to give the girls. Everyone loved it.
And, because I resisted having my photo taken because I was dressed like a hobo and wasn't wearing makeup, but Todd encouraged me to stop being such a dummy; and because I need to be more okay with looking less-than-made-up on the internet, I give you this: my Wednesdays At 1:30 P.M. Look (But This Time With Flowers).
One of the college girls I meet with offered, along with her boyfriend, to babysit the kids so we could go out to dinner, which was incredible. So I did actually end up getting dressed and putting on makeup later in the day - woohoo! We went to Hu Hot, because I love it and because we didn't think it would be crazy-packed like a lot of places in town would be. On our way home, we stopped at Natural Grocers for some sauerkraut and deodorant, because we like to keep things sexy on Valentine's Day.
Yesterday, it was seventy degrees out, so the kids spent much of the day playing outside, so I spent much of the day inside plugging away at my second read-through of Wild. Today is supposed to be in the 30's. And not to jinx anything, but that's prime let's-catch-the-flu-again weather, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it passes over our house this time.
And that was our week!








2 comments :
i love that Rocco has insisted on wearing that mask every.waking.moment for the past week. and i love the girl's faces in all the Valentine's Day pictures. they were so excited and had so much fun having flowers given to them by the brothers and me. good times!
also, i love how happy Rocco looks in that picture where I'm holding him up to the camera AND i'm so glad you let me take a picture of you as well. you are so cute and i'm glad you believed me when i told you that!
Post a Comment