We have done birth announcements for all of our kids, and because Callista is our sixth baby, we're kind of behind the eight-ball on getting them ordered. (Whoops; hopefully we can get this done before she turns eight months old, but there's no guarantee.) But we definitely want to keep the tradition alive, even though we are a little late this time around.
So I was looking through photos we took of her early on - photos that were only taken a couple of months ago - and I am so in awe of, and a little bit sobered by how much she's grown. I know it always happens this way, but I never stop feeling blindsided. How has she grown so much since this sweet photo was taken?
Did she really like being swaddled at one point? Did she really fit inside the Boppy, and fall dead-asleep on the couch in the middle of all the chaos? Did she really have patchy newborn hair? No, that can't possibly be the case, because none of those things is currently true, but she's still brand new and tiny. Right? Right?
Or... maybe she has figured out how to get to sitting from her belly by herself in the last couple of days. Maybe she is working on that funny rocking thing they do right before they start crawling. Maybe she has tried (and hated) little bites of real-people food. Maybe she's getting big.
No. Nope. Noper. She's just tiny and that's the end of that. She will always be tiny, and I will never have to grapple with how little control I have over how quickly this life moves.


1 comment :
i can't believe little lady is sitting up on her own. she is such a big little girl!!!
Post a Comment