Pages

what's up weekly. (LissaLou Who is getting bigger!)

This week was the weirdest.  Everything was just all jangled up - lots of cancellations, and reschedulings, and unexpected long stretches at home with nothing to do.  Not that it's a bad thing, but I'm just not all that used to it, and I didn't plan for it, so it was just weird dead time.  Blech.

Other than that, the week held major news for one Van Voorst in particular.  Lately, Callista has just been testy.  She hasn't liked being put down, she hasn't slept well, and she has developed a pretty strong dislike for being held by anyone other than me.  (One night, our babysitter texted us at Connection Group to tell us that she had tried everything to get Callista to calm down, and eventually just ended up laying down on the floor and crying herself.)  It has been rough.

But this week has given us a little respite!  First of all, Callista cut a top tooth, which seemed to make the biggest difference in her overall demeanor, at least for a little while.

Then, she started crawling little bits at a time. 

Then, she figured out how to sit up.  I had really tried to help her figure it out for a while, but she just wasn't interested.  Then one day, I walked into her room to get her up from nap and she was just sitting there, waiting for me.  She has been sitting ever since. 

And then she started showing some actual interest in food and actually ate a few bites of egg yolk without glaring at me like she suspected I was trying to kill her.  (The avocado and banana I'd tried with her previously were really hard on our relationship.)




It's like she's a totally different kid, and I think she's reveling in her newly discovered maturity.  Unfortunately, she seems to still be working on cutting the partner to her top tooth, and the attachment to me doesn't seem to be waning at all.  But still.  She has accomplished big things this week!  I'm hopeful that once she's actually mobile, and once she's gotten this tooth through, she'll perhaps have a sunnier disposition.

Although, it's hard to get sunnier than this.


1 comment :

todd said...

such a sweet girl. it's so much fun watching her grow. i love the pre-crawl days of rocking on all fours and periodically scootching backwards until they get stuck under the furniture. it's like they're stuck in reverse.