Pages

why i'm falling asleep at 7:30 p.m.

You guys.  How come taking the kids to swimming lessons makes me just want to die?  I am seriously so exhausted, and we're only four days in.  I feel like checking myself into the hospital and requesting a medically-induced coma.  But, like, WHY THO?

All I do is sit by the pool while someone else takes responsibility for keeping my kids from drowning.  Granted, I do have to get up an hour early to make breakfast, pack snacks and lunches, and make sure swimsuits are clean and dry.  And yes, it means that I spend 20 minutes driving there, and 20 minutes driving back, and driving always wears me out.  And yes, it means I have to poke my head out of my Shell of Introversion every stinking day and talk to strangers other friendly moms at the pool.  And sure, it means that my kids get worn out by 11 a.m. and I get to spend the rest of the day refereeing their exhaustion-induced bickering and meltdowns.

Oh.  I'm starting to see the problem here.

Good gravy, I don't think I can do another week of this.  Come, Lord Jesus.

1 comment :

todd said...

it has been a long stretch of extra things going on