Well, I was faced with the reality of my mortality last night as I passed by a bunch of congressional campaign signs promoting a candidate named Hallie Something.
Here's what I want to know: how are the Hallies of the world old enough to run for U.S. Congress? Are nineteen-year-olds even allowed to hold office? Where have all the Debras and the Carols gone? Can a Hallie even purchase a pantsuit, or would she get carded at the register? I have so many questions about politics.
I was shaken by those signs. I still am, to tell you the truth. It's evident I am no spring chicken, as I am obviously older than any Hallie on the face of the earth, and even those Hallies are apparently no longer too young to run the country. As I contemplate my age, I must face the fact that I will die someday. And when that day comes, and my life is in the books, someone named Brooklyn or Sebastian will probably be President of the United States. That's a sobering thought.
Wow. Color me thoroughly bummed out on this fine Thursday morning. Off to live the life of the dying.
Wow. Color me thoroughly bummed out on this fine Thursday morning. Off to live the life of the dying.
1 comment :
that is terrifying. it's like having a Tristan perform your colonoscopy.
Post a Comment