There's not much to report about our week, because this week was full of Swimming Lessons and Nothing Else. But because we're out and about already, I have also tried to fit errands in there, and it has made for a long and exhausting week.
We made a trip to Staples, and while I love going in there because it's organization heaven (I've never been to a Container Store, though, so I realize this is probably small beans comparatively), Staples hardly ever fails to make me want to ALL OUT DIIIIIIIE. (Next week, maybe I'll share a little gem of a story called, "The Time I Left Callista in the Middle of a Parking Space at Staples and Realized I Was Unfit For Motherhood.") Oh my word. Todd can basically count on an annoyed text every single time I step foot in that place. "The gal clipped my bindings twenty minutes ago, but never gave them back to me, and now I'm just standing here watching her serve other customers..." He loves the play-by-play and wishes I would go there more often.
We also went swimsuit shopping for Penelope. She's in between sizes right now, so one-piece swimsuits are difficult. Either they're too small, so they ride up her butt and pull down in the chest, or they're too big and they sag everywhichwhere. We did finally find her a cute tankini that will work, but not without having to wrangle six kids in the Target fitting area after having already spent the morning (and all our energy and patience) at swimming lessons. Not pretty. Good news, though: Finneas found a headless dead beetle on the floor of the fitting room, which will be a perfect addition to his growing collection of Creatures, Deceased and Brittle. So far, we have a cicada, a whole snake, a crispy old worm, and now, a decapitated beetle. (Though, he also found the severed head as well, so does that count as two items to curate and catalog, or just one?)
We had a super social week, with lots of dinner dates, phone chats, and meet-ups. I'm a weird kind of introvert in that I really get juiced up on social interaction (as long as it's one-on-one and there are NO MIXER GAMES INVOLVED), but it does physically and mentally wear me out. So between our outings and our gatherings, I'm feeling kind of like this at the moment:
In Cruise News, Callista is still not technically walking - she is taking steps, but she's not convinced she's ready to step quite that close to the realm of adulthood yet by full-on walking. So, baby steps it is. Literally.
Today we're planning to swim at our friend Megan's pool, and maybe having a college gal over in the afternoon. And then after that, I'm planning to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. Good gravy, I'm so tired I'm nauseous. It's that kind of tired that makes your throat hurt. I am probably putting too much hope in the idea of getting caught up, though; sleeping across the hall from the kids means I wake up much earlier than I would like. But I can at least lay in bed and pretend...



1 comment :
it has lots of rainbows and butterflies on the blog lately.
Post a Comment