Pages

this is why i'm grouchy. (although my hair looks good today, so i should be more grateful.)

I have been up to my eyeballs in homeschool planning stuff lately.  (And I'm tall, so my eyeballs are high up.)  It has to get done; it will get done.  The only problem is that I turn into a certifiable troll when I'm trying to mentally organize All the Things, so I've been outrageously unpleasant to be around.

I did make a bit of progress during our break last week, but it was pretty minimal since I was still trying to keep up with normal life, too.  So Todd gave me the morning on Saturday to go to Panera and sit with an iced coffee and type on my computer until my eyes crossed and my fingers cramped.  (That's approximately 3 hours in layman's "clock" time.)

I made a dent in the list, but I still have a ways to go.  So I may be kind of spotty around here throughout the week while I finish things up.  I am heck-bent on getting this done and over with - I'd like to start our new school year off in a week or two, which sounds idiotic, but we'll be taking a couple weeks off for swimming lessons, and a week off in late August for the kids to spend a week with family, and a week in early fall for our annual trip to South Dakota, so we need to get on this.

Anyway, I'm certain they give out awards to the Summer's Most Relaxed Pool Mom, and the Summer's Tannest Vacation Mom, and the Summer's Fittest Softball League Mom.  Do they give out awards for the Summer's Most Frazzled and Whiny Laptop Mom?  Because it would really feel nice to win at something for once.

Well, back to the salt mines (by which I mean the cursed Staples Print Center website).

Before I go, though, I suppose I could deign to mention a few positives about the current state my life: Monat Root Lifter has recently entered my world, and also my kids seem to be mercifully oblivious to my recent irritability.  (Or maybe they just think this is what I'm always like...  Just an ill-natured old coot with a lot of sexy volume at her roots.)




5 comments :

the jersk. said...

dude yes i love the root lifter. maaaaagical.

todd said...

thank you for all the hard work you put into educating and instructing our children to know, love and obey Jesus.

Hannah said...

Keep up the good work and hang in there, Paige! It will be worth it! We hope to start at the beginning of August after settling a bit with new baby, but my planning is quite laid back since oldest is only 7 and our state doesn't have any requirements.

Paige at The Minivan Voorsts said...

Hannah, I just love how homeschooling allows family life to take top billing. Although, if working the schedule around the new baby still allows you to start in early August, it sounds like the timing on that was downright perfect! That's how Callista was - she was born in late June, so I took the month of July off from pretty much everything in life, and then we jumped into the school year the first or second week of August. Congratulations on the new little one - such a WONDERFUL blessing!

Hannah said...

Thank you Paige:). You posted this about 6 minutes after our new son was born! He is a wonderful blessing especially after an intensely hard birth!