Pages

this is apparently what i do with my free time.

In a weird turn of events, I am finding myself with a normal week on my hands.  I seriously have no idea when the last time was that we had multiple days in a row in which we had nothing too far out of the ordinary on the agenda.  The students are on break, so while I'll still get together with a couple of them, it won't be during times that take my attention away from homeschool.  Also, we're waiting on our insurance to approve more speech therapy for Atticus, so no appointments whatsoever this week.

I am embarrassingly excited by this.  I have no idea what to do with my time, so I'm doing idiotic stuff with it.

I may or may not have found myself on Monday with saw in hand, hacking away at some scrap wood so I could stabilize this janky old bookshelf we have.  Once it was stabilized, I was like, "Hmm.  This would look good in the girls' room."  So it moved.  But now I have to find a place for the dresser that resultantly got bumped from its spot, so I'll be moving it into the closet.  But there's already a dresser in there, so I'll be moving that to our room... and on and on and on.

Plus, the weather is supposed to be unseasonably nice today, so I thought it would be a good day to clean out the garage so I could get the Christmas stuff put away out there.  But in order to organize the garage, I need a new shelf unit.  No problem, since I got some Lowe's cards for Christmas, but that means I need to actually stop at Lowe's to get it.  And if I'm stopping at Lowe's anyway, I'll just grab the brackets I need to secure the closet shelves, and maybe some paint samples for Callista's room...

I am clearly in denial about the fact that I have only three days left of this wide open week, so even though I have more time than usual, I don't have an eternity.  Plus, knowing me, I'll get all the supplies I need and then end up spending the afternoon reading instead of doing anything more productive.

Ahh well.  By the end of the week, I'll at least have a torn up house and a bunch of half-finished projects to show for myself, and no time or ambition left to complete any of it, so I have that to look forward to.

Onward and upward, friends!

1 comment :

todd said...

"In terms of like, instant relief, canceling plans is like heroin." -John Mulaney