We didn't really do anything particular that made it feel like a waste. In fact, I got quite a few really good conversations and meetups in throughout the week! But I feel like most of them felt spontaneous, and that is really hard for me to deal with mentally. I'm an INTJ (or an ISTJ, depending on who you ask, and what day it is, and where the moon is at in its orbit, and what side of the bed I rolled out on that morning. But usually an INTJ). So either the "I" part of my personality takes over and literallycan'tevendeal with unexpected social interactions (even just getting text alerts sometimes stresses me out), or the "J" part of my personality kicks in and starts freaking out that THIS WAS NOT ON THE SCHEDULE. Luckily I have the "T" part that seems to be the boss of all the other ones, because he usually steps in and is like, "Cool it, y'all." And then they all fall in line.
Anyway, that whole weird paragraph to say, busy weeks are one kind of stressful. Spontaneously social weeks are another kind of stressful, even if they're not technically busy in their own right. This week was the second kind of week.
Oh, you know. Just drawing a soldier with a machine gun and drinkin' some coffee. What's your five year old up to?
It was icy through the beginning of the week, so it kind of messed up my Amish morning - we had to move it back a day. But I did have a grocery pickup scheduled at Walmart Wednesday morning, so we had to get out of the house anyway. I'd already been struggling with Whole30, but when I got home and realized that they'd mistakenly substituted four huge bags of honey roasted sunflower seeds for the four big bags of plantain chips I'd ordered, I lost it. That's the moment I quit Whole30. It wasn't a shining moment, but it was definite.
Laurelai has started doing this thing where she lays out her clothes for the next day in such a way that it looks like she had been wearing them and just kind of evaporated out of them. Here lies the Ghost of Laurelai Future.
When we moved Callista into the nursery, we moved Rocco into Laurelai's old crib, and Laurelai moved to a toddler mattress that 'trundles' under Penelope's bed. Here they're reading bedtime books in their nextdoor beds. They're wearing socks on their hands because Penelope's hands are cracked and bleeding from the dry air, so we put heavy duty lotion on them (and socks over that) to keep them moisturized. Laurelai's sock hands are pure reverential mimicry.
Todd and I got to go on a date last night, and hit up an amaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing barbecue place. It looked like a dirty old bar, was attached to a gas station, and apparently didn't have a working furnace. I was the only female customer in the place. And it was seriously sooooo. gooooood. (It deserves all the vowels I'm giving it. There is no hyperbolic vowel usage in this paragraph.) Then on our way home, we stopped at Schnucks so I could exchange some mayonnaise. That's a thing people do on date nights.
Brothers who draw construction vehicles together... stay brothers either way. Because that's how genetics work.
Um, what else happened this week...? I went grocery shopping. My sister closed on her house, which really has nothing to do with me other than it has to do with houses, and my sister, and my sister's opportunity to now decorate a house, which are all things that make the world a better place to live.
And that was our super random week. Now I'm off to hurriedly grade papers.




1 comment :
i could read your photos captions all day
Post a Comment