Pages

whole30 is making me want to wholeKill someone.

So, I know I told you yesterday that I'd talk more about church planting, but... nevermind.  Today, all I'm here to say is that I have a headache, I'm completely burned out on Whole30, and all I want is a giant Rice Krispy treat.  I'm sitting here all bitter and resentful at the fact that I'm eating a huge bowl of ground beef with tomato sauce on top and acting like it's a meal, and knowing the worst part of it all is that it's completely and totally self-inflicted.  There is no reason to keep going with this, other than to not have to actually give up and quit.

So on the one hand, I'm like, "It's good to practice discipline and learn to tell yourself what to do, even when you don't want to.  It's good to follow through on your commitments, even when you don't feel like it."  And on the other hand, I'm like, "Forget that noise.  This is so arbitrary it makes me sick."

I haven't been grocery shopping in three weeks, which hasn't helped matters.  I'm basically subsisting on SO MANY eggs, apples, raisins, cans of tuna, salad, salmon filets and frozen vegetables, eaten in a continuous loop.  I had Todd get me some pistachios on a recent dash into Schnucks, and I have never been so stupidly excited over pistachios in all my life.

I'm clearly not in a mood to be trifled with, so I think this is where I'll leave it today.  I'm going to go return to my big bowl of meat and pretend that it's a big bowl of butter.  Which is no less gross, but it's at least different and anti-Whole30, so it's got that going for it.


3 comments :

todd said...

once you're through whole30, you can treat yourself by eating a wholeStick of butter

todd said...

i don't know why, but this also reminded me of nearly headless Nick. probs cuz he wishes he was completely headless Nick. wholeHeadless Nick maybe is what triggered the reference?

Anonymous said...

Yesssss I am doing the Whole30 too and can relate to allll your feelings. I JUST WANT ALL THE COOKIES