This week has been glorious, if only because we are finally sleeping around here! I moved Callista into her own room last week, and less than ten days later, we seem to be completely cured of the issue of the elevensies....and then the twelvesies, and the twosies, and the three-thirtysies, etc. etc. It took two nights of training, and she's now sleeping beautifully. While she will often cluster feed between 7:00 p.m. and 12:00 a.m., which is fine with me since I'm up until around midnight anyway most nights. Then she conks out until 8:30 or 9:00 the next morning, only waking once to eat, if at all.
This is huge, you guys! Two nights ago, I got eight straight hours of sleep, and she never even cluster-fed: she slept from 9:00 p.m. until 9:00 a.m. The flowers are blooming, the birds are singing, and I am making up the deficit in the sleep books.
What else was going on this week? Nothing quite as wonderful by comparison, but some great things nonetheless. Todd taught at church on Sunday, which I always just love. I could listen to him every week and still never get tired of it.
Sunday night, we had some friends stay the night. We know them from all the way back in Ames, but they currently live in North Carolina and were on their way back home from visiting the Midwest over the holidays. It had been years since we'd seen them - they had never met Rocco or Callista, and they have a son we hadn't met yet. So it was so great getting to catch up!
On Monday night, we had some friends over for dinner. We know them from Cedar Falls, and they recently moved down to help with this church plant. This nomadic ministry life can be really rough sometimes, and it's so good to be in a community where people just understand the hardships. I'm really grateful for friendships like these.
On Tuesday, a friend watched the kids so we could go on a date. Since I'm doing Whole30 (well... I'm kind of doing Whole30. I'm on Day 5, and I may or may not have had brownies two of those days. So I'm basically doing Half30)... anyway, since I'm nominally doing Whole30, we went to Hu Hot so I could load up on the veggies and meat. I abstained from the sauces, and it still ended up being really good! If you somehow have insider information on how I technically could not have eaten a sanctioned meal there, please don't tell me about it. Let me live in blissful ignorance. Plus, it wouldn't matter anyway, since I came home and indulged in aforementioned brownies.
On Wednesday, I got to chat books for an hour with an old friend, which is the best kind of phone call.
The rest of the week was pretty normal. Amish. Speech Therapy. Also, I cleaned out the linen closet and hung a bookshelf in Penelope's room. I swear, decorating always becomes a "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" situation around here. Now I want to hang the pod swing in there, but if I hang the pod swing, I'll have to paint the ceiling. And once the ceiling is painted, the trim will probably need a fresh coat. And if I'm painting the trim, I might as well just do the whole thing. And once the walls are painted, I'll need to hang some art and curtains... you see how this works.
Anyway. Love to you all: I'm outtie to go dig out the curtains I have in storage.



2 comments :
Half30 ... Hehe
i've basically been doing No30 for years. it's not THAT hard. :)
Post a Comment