He did not get brittle. He did not stretch out too far. He did not allow himself to become conspicuous. He stayed strong, and finished the task set before him like a true champion. He should go to the rubber band Olympics. Or he should go straight into retirement, because he has more than earned it.
And while I'm handing out awards, I think I'd like to give myself the the "Thrift and Ingenuity" award for jerry-rigging this crazy contrivance instead of footing the bill for new curtain rod hardware. I had faith in that lowly rubber band, and it paid off. I feel like a talent scout who's able to see the untapped potential in some drunk girl at a karaoke bar. And that's a good feeling, friends. A good feeling.

2 comments :
no pressure, no diamonds
and I think I deserve the "I didn't really expect you to make it, but you did" award
Post a Comment