Pages

rocco's modern life: five months.

My tiny boy is growing!  He turned five months old last week, and is killing it.  He pulls himself to a sitting position when I'm cradling him in my arms.  He loves being held while he stands up.  He grabs at things and tries to put them in his mouth.  He can roll from his back to his tummy, and vice versa.  And he got his first tooth the other day!



When he's tired, he sucks his pointer finger on one hand, and rubs his ear with the other.  He's still not in an entirely predictable sleep pattern, but for the most part he wakes up once in the middle of the night to eat, then sleeps until sometime between 6:30 and 7:30 (though sometimes as late as 9:00!).  If it's on the earlier end of the morning, I nurse him in my bed in an attempt to get him to fall back to sleep, though this has happened less and less often lately.  This is a huge bummer for two reasons: 1) I have to get up earlier.  Waaa waaaa. and 2) I don't get sleepy snuggle time with him.  He's the first baby I've ever done any form of co-sleeping with, and even though it's only for an hour or two a few days a week, I just love it.  (Also, though, I love that he also has his own bed for most of the night.  Best of both worlds.)


Penelope sat him on a 'throne' and 'crowned' him the King of Cute Town.  He looks like the rightful heir to that throne, don't you think?

He's getting stronger and stronger, and I'm starting to be able to carry him on my hip.  He loves to get the chance to look around from up high like that, but it also makes him puke on an apocalyptic scale, so he doesn't get to do it as often as he'd like.  He is still so incredibly barfy.  I've been strictly dairy-free for a little over a week now in an effort to see if that will help his belly settle down... no good news yet, but I'm going to give it six weeks or so before making a final call on whether or not it seems to be helping.



He got all dolled up for Easter.


He laughed his first social laugh this month - I was leaning down to kiss his cheek as I laid him down for nap, and I whispered in his ear and kind of laughed, and he laughed in response.  It was so, so wonderful.


Rocco's response to seeing our Columbia house in-person for the first time.  From the look on his face, I'm not sure what he thought of it.



He spent LOTS of time in the car, riding back and forth from Columbia with us.  He was a super champ about it.


I love this kid, and I love these days.  I'm by no means a 'baby' person in general, but I just adore my babies, and who can blame me?!  He's so cute and squishy and cuddly and happy.  I genuinely love my life and who I get to share it with.




2 comments :

todd said...

Amen! Me too.

the jersk. said...

I'm really only a baby person to my kids, my sisters kids and your kids.