Pages

what's up weekly.

This week has seen us trucking along towards the end of the school year.  I could not be more excited.  Granted, we do year-round school (and love it!), so it's not really like I'm chomping at the bit for our term to be over.  But there are only four more weeks of the university year left, at which point the college students will disperse for the summer and my weekly schedule will suddenly look a lot different.



I will be taking the opportunity of a slower pace to get started on potty training Rocco.  He is so ready - he's at the point where he requests to sit on the potty before he pees or poops in his diaper, so I know he's mentally 'there'. ("I poopin'!  I sit potty? MOMMY, I POOPIN' NOW!")  But we just do not currently have the available time to hunker down and really focus and set him up for success, so I've been trying to get him to hold off a bit longer.

In other news, we've been playing a lot of charades lately.  For Christmas, the kids got Todd a boxed set of family charades, and it has been so fun.  Laurelai is absolute gold.  You should have her do her T. Rex impression for you sometime.



This week's weather was really weird.  On Sunday, it was snowing.  By Wednesday, it was 82 degrees out.  On Thursday, in temperatures pushing 90 degrees, the girls and I planted potatoes and a second sowing of peas.  I'd picked up the seed potatoes and some onion sets up at the Amish on Wednesday, and I'm hoping to have enough decent weather to get the onions in before it starts snowing again this weekend.  Seriously schizophrenic stuff.  I just hope we don't get any tornadoes as a result of the wacky temperature swings - I don't tend to be an anxious person at all, but I'm legitimately terrified of tornadoes.

Um, let's move on to talking about something else.  Todd shaved his massive beard this week.  I think he was pretty sad to see it go, but I'm really liking having his face back, even if only for a little while.

And lastly, this little girl has been making the funniest faces and doing the funniest things.  She has figured out how to wave, and how to bob around when music plays, and is so close to figuring out how to clap.  I am so dang smitten with her.







I've been trying to do more reading this week than I had been lately.  So there have been lots of nursing-slash-reading sessions.



And, in case you missed them, here are this week's vlogs:







Have an amazing weekend you wonderful people!

1 comment :

Rachel said...

Yay! Glad your ribs turned out well! My sister called me Friday and said, "Did you leave a comment on [this] blog about slow cooker ribs? Cuz that sounds like you!" :D She knows me well and figured it had to be me when she watched your video. lol