Pages

easter, easter, read all about it!

Yesterday was Easter, The Best Day of the Year!

To prepare, I pulled out all the Easter clothes in the kids' current sizes that we already had stored away, and made a list of what we needed.  Atticus, Penelope and Callista all needed new outfits, but a trip to Target only yielded some pants for Atticus.  Todd, on a trip to Sears over lunch one day, found not one, but two dresses on sale that fit Penelope.  I experienced an existential crisis deciding between the two, but all y'all on social media helped me pull the trigger on the raspberry one - doesn't it look beautiful on her?

Also, it cost $7 because Sears was going out of business.  Sad for Sears, bully for us.


I love how the kids' outfits turned out.  Finneas looked like he was trying to sell me a nice three-bedroom ranch on a cul-de-sac.  Atticus put on his outfit, looked down at himself, and stated, "I look like a BUSINESSMAN."  He knighted Finneas, "Businessman, Jr."

For my own outfit, I wore my go-to dress from years and years ago.  (I think I bought it the year I was pregnant with Laurelai.)  It has seen better days and is starting to fade, but it worked. 




Unfortunately, when I was trying everything on earlier in the week, I realized that my legs are very soft and very white, kind of like larvae.  So to fix the problem, I bought some self-tanning spray.  Unfortunately (again), I am only accustomed to using lotion, so I didn't realize that when you spray yourself in the bathtub, the spray settles on the tops of your feet, and then puddles on the tub floor and saturates the bottoms of your feet.  So I woke up yesterday morning with neon orange feet - tops and bottoms.  Luckily, baking soda effectively scrubbed the majority of the Cheeto dust off the tops, but the soles of my feet are still absolutely fluorescent.

What did I take away from all of this?  Nothing, other than a reasonable guess that what's happening with Trump's spray tan is that he stands on his head while he sprays himself down, and that's why it all settles on his face and in his hair.


Finneas will be running for President in 2020.  His platform will focus on equal rights, balancing the budget, education reform, and the solemn oath that he will never, ever use fake tanner.


And just because the best day of the year is worth celebrating with funny faces, I submit the following:





Happy Easter!

1 comment :

todd said...

easter, easter read all about it!!!

brilliant.