Pages

ask me: how we fit three kids in one bedroom!



We are no strangers to piling lots of kids into small spaces.  In our last house, we had four kids in one bedroom, so our current set up with only three of them sharing a single room feels down right luxurious!  Currently, Penelope (almost 8), Laurelai (4), and Rocco (2) all share a room, and it can get crazy - they all need different amounts of sleep, and have different sleep patterns.  (Laurelai likes to wake up at the buttcrack of dawn; Penelope would probably sleep until 8:30 or 9:00 if given the chance.)

It has taken us a lot of trial and error to figure out a room-sharing system that works... well, one that works well enough, anyway.  I'd love to share with you how we navigate fitting lots of kids into a small space without it feeling completely claustrophobic or overwhelming.

So tomorrow, I will be posting a tour of their bedroom, and later in the week, I'll post a Q&A video answering any questions you might have on the topic - so make sure to ask!


2 comments :

todd said...

i think it's funny how most homes have 2 adults sharing one room and yet put their shocked faces on at the prospect of having 2 (or more) children share a room.

Lindsay C said...

I think I would wonder how the oldest handles sleeping in the same room with younger siblings? Do the youngest have to be sleeping completely through the night before they are moved to a room with older siblings? My parents struggled having my brother and I sharing a space, during travel, when we were younger because my brother snored like a train and I was and remain a VERY LIGHT sleeper.
Can't wait to hear your answers. :)