Pages

well.

Turns out, Rocco was sick.  Who knows why.  Who knows if it will spread to anyone else.  All I know is that he was suddenly sick - really sick.



He was acting totally fine throughout the day on Monday, eating and playing normally.  Then I laid him down for nap, and when I went to get him up later that afternoon he was just covered in vomit and running a fever.  So baths and laundry and Daniel Tiger on a mattress on the hardwood ensued.  (I take rug protection very seriously in these parts, in case you haven't noticed.)




It had been a long couple of weeks for me, so I kind of just broke down a little at the prospect of having the flu in our house again.  I took a bunch of activated charcoal to preemptively ward off any sickness in myself, and then I ducked out of the house for an hour or so to catch a breather.  I picked up library books.  I wandered around the fancy grocery store.  I went to the less-fancy grocery store and bought a chicken.  You know.  The kind of things people do in their free time.

Rocco ended up sleeping in our room overnight, and was waking up pretty often to throw up.  But then around 3:30 a.m., it stopped, and he was able to keep water down.  Yesterday, he was still running a fever and sleeping a lot, but he had an appetite and was able to keep everything down.



This whole thing was just the weirdest.  I wonder what caused it?  I'm really, really hoping it doesn't spread to any of the rest of us... knock on wood.

1 comment :

todd said...

praying it was an odd isolated incident and that none of the rest of us get sick