Pages

what's up weekly.

Oh, this week, this week, this week!

I kicked it off by getting my hair highlighted.  (Highlit?)  I am seriously schizophrenic about my hair.  I haven't decided yet if I prefer it better darker or lighter, so I keep alternating.  What are your thoughts?

Rocco also got a stylin' do.  Excellent side part, little buddy.




Laurelai loves to read Madeline before her naps every day, but since I wasn't home at naptime on Saturday, Penelope took over for me.  




Callista went through something weird for a few days where she kind of fought me on nursing, but she also wouldn't take a bottle from me, either.  Todd finally wrestled her into relative calm, and here she is, taking her first bottle.



And speaking of Callista, I haven't shown you her new earrings yet.  HOW CUTE IS SHE?!



Saturday night was really rough with the kids, so we didn't make it to church on Sunday.

Rocco decided he wanted to start potty training all of a sudden.  I'm not sure I'm totally ready for that commitment yet, so this isn't an announcement that we're jumping in with both feet, but he convinced me to let him sit there and try at least a couple of times.



Monday night we took the kids to the theater to see The Riot and the Dance, and had a blast, though I think I ate about four days' worth of calories.  That popcorn is like a really fattening drug.  So basically the opposite of meth.  And consider me a proponent of anything that's the opposite of meth.  So by eating all that popcorn, I was really just doing my part in the war on drugs.




Tuesday, we drove to Kansas City in the morning for the final impressions and fittings for Atticus' orthotropics appliance, which will be actually installed the first week of May.  Stuff's getting real, and not a moment too soon.  His adult teeth are so crowded, and he's started mouth-breathing.  It is time.

Once we were back that afternoon, my friend Ana came over to watch the kids for a little while so I could go over and help my friend Megan with her newborn.  That sounds way more altruistic than it actually was; I just wanted an opportunity to snuggle a tiny baby for an hour, so I made Megan go take a nap and leave me alone with Baby Elizabeth and a good book.  Pure selfishness.  There are worse ways to spend an hour.

On Wednesday, I woke up with terrible throat pain.  Weirdly, I suspect it was chemical burns from this really horrific gum I bought and didn't have the common sense to stop chewing after it burned the top layer of my tongue off.  Dumb.  But by Wednesday, my throat was feeling terrible, and a bunch of drainage from it clogged up my ear (SCRUMPTIOUS!) and I was worried I was getting an ear infection.  So after our trip to the Amish that morning, I stopped at Natural Grocers for a crazy number of throat remedies, as well as some ear oil and ear candles.


Those ear candles work miracles, I swear.  And it pulled out SO. MUCH. GUNK. from my ear.  I think my head actually weighs less now.

Yesterday, I woke up feeling mostly fine.  I'd had a 'hot' toddy sitting on my nightstand all night and took swigs through the night as I woke up with lingering pain.  (It was a very cold toddy by morning.)  Not sure what exactly made the difference, but a difference was made, and I felt SO much better.  

Which brings me to today.  We're planning on doing some gardening and some laundry, and getting the house ready for my sister and brother-in-law to come stay the night with us!  Tomorrow, they'll watch the kids for the day so that Todd and I (and my third arm, Callista) can spend the day in St. Louis for my upcoming 21st birthday.  We're going hunting for a pretty vintage door to replace the ugly black hollow core monstrosity in my dining room.  Please pray our hunt is successful!

And beyond that, not much else happened this week.  Rocco attempted to catch the 'ladybugs' floating around in the rays of light from the window.



Penelope and I spent some buddy time reading.



And our house continues to be a major pit.




And that was our week!

1 comment :

todd said...

i LOVED watching Rocco catch "ladybugs" in the morning sunlight. sooooo stinkin cute!!!