via GIPHY
But it is also March now, and I'm getting antsy for the school year to wrap up... which is stupid, because we do year-round school, and we only just finished up our second trimester this week. We're on schedule to be done the last week of May, so I still have quiiiiiiiiite a bit of time left before it's reasonable to be getting impatient.
Then again, though, I don't think it's homeschool, necessarily, that I'm most concerned with. Being so intensely involved in the rhythms of college life has me eyeballing the university schedule more than our own. I'm ready for the breather of spring break; I'm ready for the finish line of graduation weekend. I'm ready for the slower pace of summer, during which I have big plans to reflect and reprioritize some of my obligations and the allocation of my time. (Though, I seem to say that every year and very little ever changes.)
This week I sat down and put together large, visual poster board schedules of our days and our weeks, and I felt like I was mapping out military strategies for the Pentagon. It's high time I start freeing up my schedule, and May will be a perfect time to start. It's just such a shame it's so far away...
Anyway. Enough yearning for one post. It's time to cut to the facts.
Finneas turned six, and I once again marveled that he has survived this long - with his penchant for risk taking, his impulsiveness, and his gung-ho stick-to-itiveness, I'd figured he'd have been eaten by a bear or marched off the end of a gangplank by now. So every birthday party we throw for him is also a celebratory middle-finger to all the bears and pirates skulking around these parts.
The older kids each bought him a gift with their own money, and though he'll be having his party this weekend, they wanted to give him his gifts on his actual birthday. It was so sweet.
I went grocery shopping without Callista. She spent the entire time I was gone expressing her feelings about getting left at home.
And last but not least, here's this week's vlog, in case you missed it. (Wednesday got busy, and I forgot to post it on here!)
And... that's that, I guess. It doesn't really look like all that long of a week when I write it out, but trust me, I'm glad it's Friday!






1 comment :
ahhhhh.greed. it has been a long week. i'm really glad it's Friday as well. i just love the weekends with you and the kids. spending time with you guys is the tops.
Post a Comment