We celebrated with a Knights and Dragons-themed party at my mom's last weekend, and she made him a cake out of Krispy Kreme donuts as the starting gun for an exciting rest of the day.
Oh, you know. Just eatin' and flexin'. What's up with you?
This photo cracks me up. The troll-guy is going all Tonya Harding on the dragon, and the dragon is just like, "Whoa, man. I didn't want to start any trouble."
After cakenuts, Finneas got to open his presents, and a grand time was had by all.
Once Callista woke up from her nap, we headed to the Science Center for some more fun. ...Well, at least one of the kids seemed enthused.
Once we got inside, the nature area was a big hit. This snake seemed to vibe that he was in the presence of a 'freshly-six'-year-old, and got pretty excited.
We were mesmerized by this Foucault pendulum clock. It was so relaxing to just sit and watch it, and we all started getting very, very sleepy. Luckily, Finneas was so entranced by it that he didn't notice he was standing next to two kids with red hair. If there's anything Finneas loves to rudely point at, it's a person with red hair. Usually, the point is accompanied by an ever-demeaning, "Look! It's A Ginger!"
I don't love that.

I hate breastfeeding in public. I always have. I just don't like nursing around strangers, even while covering up. But ever since Laurelai, I've had to get realistic about the fact that I can't just hide in bathroom stalls or in the van all the time, though I'd honestly prefer to.
That was our Fab Fun Finn Day!













1 comment :
man, i love finneas. what an awesome addition to our family. six years of jokes, cuddles, punches, smiles, screams, and the like. can't wait to see what God has in store for him!!!
Post a Comment