Pages

'what's up' weekly... kind of. not really. but Juniper has big news.

Well, well, well.  Fancy meeting me here.  I know it seems like the last place I show my face anymore (or, anyway, my face for radio, as I mostly just let my words be my face around here, and thank the Lord for that.  Did you know you should start using anti-aging products before the age of thirty-three, or your neck will start to fall off?  If you did, that makes one of us).

I have a lot to tell you about - two weeks of a lot, to be exact.  I tried uploading the photos, but to be honest... there were seventy of them, which some people (e.i., duds) might think is too many.  SO, here's my plan: I am going to blog every weekday in November.  Yes, I know, it's a stretch goal, and I often am not as consistent as I'd like to be, but I have a plan to make this happen.  I'll go back to sharing photos, thoughts and recipes gradually instead of just dumping everything out on Fridays.  Sound good?  Sounds good to me!

In the meantime, I'll leave you with some of our cutest/saddest/most optimistic news.  Juni turned the Big 0-6 recently, and we are starting to transition to a more sustainable sleeping arrangement.





Long, long ago, she had been sleeping through the night consistently - twelve hour stretches, every night.  But then that dastardly four-month sleep regression hit, and we still haven't recovered.  She was back to eating every 1.5-2 hours overnight.  And it wasn't like she was going to start soothing herself back to sleep anytime soon - she would wake up in the middle of the night, and because she could see me over the top of the bassinet, she would just stare at me and cry until I fed her.

So this past week, we moved some things around.  Rocco moved out of the girls' room into the basement bedroom with the bigger boys, Callista moved into a pack and play in the girls' room, and Juni got the nursery.


See her in there?  Doesn't she look so tiny?


I was so worried that in moving her in there, she'd feel alone overnight.  After all, she's six months and she knows when I leave the room, and she knows to look for me in the middle of the night.  She surely would be aware of the change, and probably wouldn't be happy about it.  But I was so wrong - she has loved it.  She doesn't cry when I lay her down or leave the room, and she's been sleeping so much more soundly, often going 3-4 hours at a stretch.



We still have a ways to go before I would say we're in an ideal sleep routine, but progress is being made, and we're both super happy about it!



2 comments :

todd said...

Juni is so sweet. i love looking at her little smile. she is such a content little lady. so glad to ol' switcheroo has been going as well as it has.

Lissa said...

Yay sleep!