Happy birthday, Littlest Brother!
You, my friend, are nothing but a joy. You are cheerful and accommodating. You are helpful and sweet. You follow the big boys around and 'man up' the best you can in order to keep up. You like playing soldiers and knights... and also Paw Patrol. And also sometimes Barbies. You have so many friends around here, all with their own favorite games, that you like to keep your options open. You never live a dull moment!
You are a big fan of Juniper, and often stop in your play to go talk to, cuddle and play with her. Sometimes you get kind of rough, shaking her head around and jiggling her body. We're working on being gentle with babies :). But she doesn't seem to mind - she loves you as much as you love her!
You are Rest. You are sweetness and comfort and a crooked little smile. Every night after you brush your teeth, you come and ask me with bared and gritted teeth, "DO DEEZ LOOK CLEEEEEEEN?" You are very specific about what you think makes you look handsome, and prefer not to leave the house not looking your best. You like your hair to be "Atticus Hair," which I still have not gotten entirely right, according to your specifications. (I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong!) You are always ready with a hug and a sweet word to say about how pretty you think I am.
You often ask when you're going to be a big boy, which I love, because it is such a little boy thing to say. You are, in your words, "a little big boy." And I love that about you.
You've still got Toddler Hands and Toddler Bod - big, soft, chubby hands and a big, round belly. But you don't let that fool anyone - you are strong. You can do full-on pushups and sit ups, and have formidable ab muscles. At your recent well check, you were the first and only Van Voorst to measure larger on the weight chart than on the height chart. You are solid. I am confident you are going to use your strength and sturdiness to great ends - you already do such a good job of serving, providing and protecting!
We all love you so much, Rocco. You are one of my favorite people on earth, and I'm so glad God gave me you!




1 comment :
amen. i love our little man. asking if you are a big boy is such a little boy thing to say. such a delightful observation. i love our little rocketsauce to the moon and back -- or as far as his rocketsauce will take him -- whichever ends up being further.
Post a Comment