Well, we jumped into the school year yesterday, and we survived!
This is major news, not only because the kids' work load is much heavier this year as the older two kids are headed into fourth-ish grade, and I am also adding in the next two. I am juggling twice the students (and more than twice the workload) than I have had in my previous four years of homeschooling. This year is already shaping up to be a doozy. Luckily, I have my psychopathic visual schedule to help things run smoothly.
Not to mention the fact that I was also struck down by a ill-timed virus, so I was not only dealing with the nausea, fever, migraine, and sore throat that comes with all of that, but I seem to be developing a regular habit of joint pain flares in my hands whenever I get sick. So I was arthritic and nauseous and breaking out in cold sweats all day. Let me tell you, I was a real gem.
The fact that we survived the day is literally a miracle.
But survive we did, and I even have the photos to prove it. (These were taken at the end of the day, and everyone is mustering a smile! I will admit, some smiles were more genuine than others, but whatever. Appearances are all that matter to me at this point.)
We've come a long way from our first-ever day of homeschooling!







3 comments :
that flashback to their first day of school ever is priceless. our sweet babies are growing up.
Yay for first day of school!
Strange question ... in the current photo the older two are in separate grades but in a later photo the two oldest are both in kindergarten?? Is that due to age or understanding of material?
I love following along regarding your homeschooling adventure.
Not a strange question at all!
My oldest two are very close in age, and my daughter seemed 'ready' for school when my son started, so I lumped them in together. They have always done the same level of material, but I have found over the years that they both do better when they don't feel like it's a competition. My son, especially, was having a difficult time understanding that it didn't indicate that he was doing poorly to be considered in the same grade as his younger sister.
So somewhere in there I just started allowing their age to dictate their official grade level title, although the work load is identical for them both.
Post a Comment