We kicked off last weekend with a trip to Des Moines for Penelope's birthday. Saturday morning, we headed to the botanical gardens for some Flora-Fauna Fun Time. I'll tell you more about her birthday celebrations next week, but let me just say now that it was a hit. It was so tropical and sunny and plantlicious. I think I'm going to call around to see how much it would cost to add a botanical center onto our house for the sake of my mental health.
Callista totally conked out while we were there.
The kids found some worthy sticks in the yard and took up playing Robin Hood. ("Look, Mom! It's a stout cudgel!" That it be, faire babe. That it be.)
Saturday afternoon, after Penelope's birthday party, the kids stayed with my parents for a bit so that Todd and I could go to a friend's wedding. We had known him from the church plant in Cedar Falls, and he moved to Des Moines when he got a job there. It was so nice being able to go and celebrate with him. (As an anecdotal aside, his name is Tesfay. He goes by "T." Because we try to teach our kids to address everyone as Mr. or Miss, they call him Mr. T. It's kind of the best thing ever.)
Sunday morning, we got up early and went to church with my parents, and then hit the road for home. We needed to be back in town for a church members' meeting Sunday night, at which Todd was voted in as one of our two local elders. I am so proud of him, and so grateful to be part of a church led by men like him.
Other big news on Sunday included this little booger turning eight. She did it even though I told her she wasn't allowed to. (Kids, amiright? They're always growing without permission.)
While we were gone over the weekend, a couple of friends of ours replaced our garbage disposal and painted Callista's room for us. We came home to a freshly painted, beautiful nursery, and it has lit a fire in me to finish that room. So this week I've been on the hunt for curtains, art, and a rug for in there. I'm a woman on a mission. I'll show before-and-after photos soon!
Monday was normal, and I woke up on Tuesday feeling totally fine. But then all of a sudden, I wasn't fine anymore. My head started hurting, which made my stomach start churning... before too long, I had the most painful headache I've ever had in my life. Other than labor, I have never experienced pain like that. I couldn't even throw up because it required me to move, and I literally wasn't capable of anything other than lying on the floor in a cold sweat, moaning and screaming and clutching my head. I finally got Atticus to bring me some Tylenol, which I promptly took and then threw up... and then I was fine. Like, totally back to normal within a four-hour span. It was so weird.
Wednesday was normal, except that apparently I wasn't totally better yet, and I fell asleep on the couch around 8 p.m. I woke up at 11:30 to feed Callista and hang out with Todd for a little bit before we went to bed around midnight. Then I slept until 8:30 the next morning. For those of you counting at home, that was about twelve hours of sleep. I have no idea why I was so tired.
Rocco has been OBSESSED with holding Callista lately, which she tolerates...
...until she doesn't.
Yesterday was normal, other than a trip to Hobby Lobby to grab some curtain rings for our bedroom curtains, and some art for Callista's room. I am on a mission to make this place feel like home. In another week, we will hit our two year anniversary of living here, and it's about time.
And that brings us to this weekend! I'm hoping that, by next Friday, I'll have some progress photos of Callista's room to share. Wish me luck!
And in case you haven't subscribed to the YouTube channel yet, here's what was going on over there this week!










1 comment :
it was so good getting to go to Tesfay's wedding. so cool to see God's grace downstream. energizing to see the harvest of our investment back in Cedar Falls.
Post a Comment