We spent a few days in Iowa this weekend, which meant lots of driving, and lots of late nights and early mornings thanks to the Peanut Gallery, who just WOULD NOT SLEEP. It's like kids are insistent on seeing how far they can push themselves to the brink of exhaustion without having a full-on stroke.
Having been on Peanut Gallery Duty all weekend, I found that I really identified with this poor squirrel when we found it in the driveway yesterday morning.
I bet this squirrel was a mom of preschoolers at one point, and that's why she looks so dead behind the eyes. Is it too soon to make jokes like that? No. I checked with her, and she said it's fine because it's true.
Solidarity, my squirrel sister.

6 comments :
i hear ya, dead squirrel. your silence speaks volumes.
Inquiring minds need to know, did dead squirrel end up in your compost pile? On a completely unrelated note, does your Aldi have the gluten free taco seasoning packets in the special section right now? Every time I walk by them in my Aldi I feel like I should send you a picture. They are 79 cents a piece here.
Call me dead-eyes.
Sarah, it was at my mom's house, so I'm unsure what exactly happened with the squirrel. I think I overheard that she received a dignified burial, in a grave shallow enough to allow her to feel the rain. But deep enough not to get posthumously eaten by the dog.
I haven't seen them at my Aldi! I also haven't been in a couple of weeks- I'll keep my eyes peeled on Wednesday when I go!
Maggie, I already do...
Todd, the squirrel sees your pain. She knows.
Post a Comment