Pages

who was down for the count this week. ly. (and atticus' ninth birthday party.)

Well, I'm going to shoot you straight: this week was basically a bust.  Everyone's been sick, we've been laying low, and I'm glad it's Friday.  I'm ready for next week's fresh start!

We were planning on heading up to Iowa last Friday to spend the weekend celebrating Atticus' birthday with my family.  But Friday morning, Callista was running a high fever and had a deep chest cough.  Once she projectile vomited all over me, I knew we couldn't make the four-hour drive.  So we stayed home.

Unfortunately, Atticus missed out on a birthday party last year, so all our eggs were in the basket of this year's party.  There was some major disappointment we had to wade through (mostly on Penelope's part, for some reason), but eventually everyone saw the advantage of staying home.  So we put out the camo tablecloth, picked up tacos and cupcakes, and made a day of it.  It actually ended up being really fun, not including the fact that Rocco and Callista were sick and pretty miserable all day.







Sunday, the kids and I stayed home from our church's Christmas production, which ended up being a good thing, since I started puking around lunchtime.  Then Callista and I stayed up all night long while I rocked her in the Ergo and watched hours and hours of Netflix to stay awake.

Monday, the kids had a doctor's appointment and Callista started her first-ever round of antibiotics, which broke my heart a little.  We had to cancel dinner plans with friends that night, and the next night we missed out on Anthem's Member Celebration, which would have been a bummer on a normal night, but especially this week - a sweet couple we love got engaged at the event! 

Wednesday seemed like a relatively good day:  Everyone seemed to be on the mend, health-wise, so we did our normal Wednesday stuff: Amish in the morning, college gal in the afternoon.  I even got a chance to walk on the treadmill for a bit and take a shower before we had dinner guests over.  Wednesday was definitely the high point of the week.



But then Todd came down with a cold, and a friend who was going to watch the kids for us last night so we could go on a date also came down with a cold, so our date was canceled.  And now my neck is spasming and I have what seems to be a developing ear infection.  So Todd and I spent last night candling my ear.  Sexy.

Luckily these kids are cute and a total bright spot in my life.


Penelope's been saving up her money to buy Christmas gifts later this month, so she hand-made a paper police officer as a birthday gift.




I would apologize for how blurry this photo is, but most photos of Finneas are blurry, since he's always on the move.  I'm actually surprised he's this in-focus for once.




Well, there you have it.  If ever there was a morale-crushing week, this was it.  Luckily, I have a nail appointment (re)scheduled for tomorrow morning, so there's at least a prize waiting for me at the end of it all!  Here's to hoping next week shapes up to be a bit easier, and that we all stay healthy from here on out, or this could shape up to be a loooong winter. 

1 comment :

todd said...

i was happy with how well Atticus' birthday party ended up turning out given that it was a major change of plans with a lot riding on it. i'm glad we were still able to make it special for him, even though it wasn't what we originally expected.