Well, for once in my life, I can say there's virtually nothing to report this week! We have done zilch-o. I mean, as much as we're capable of doing zilch-o and still being alive.
We're all finally healthy, so we actually got to go to church together! I was a little skittish putting the kids in nursery and taking the risk of bringing fresh new germs home with us, so we all sat in service together. (That is, until Rocco just got downright loud, so I did take him up there eventually.)
Last weekend, I finished making the last Christmas gifts on my list - and while I have photos of me making them, I can't share yet for obvious reasons. I still have to sew stockings for Rocco and Callista, so those are still on the 'To Make' list in the next couple of days.
I also finished wrapping gifts, which was a major feat. First of all, my kids are always here, so there's never an entirely safe time to work on getting everything wrapped up. Second of all, there were so many presents to deal with. Not that we're into giving inordinate numbers of gifts; each kid only received three to put under the tree, but still - that ends up being a lot of presents to wrap. So I'm grateful that part of Christmas prep is over.
Beyond that, we've had very few out-of-the-ordinary events. The college students are all home on break, so I didn't have any of my regular meet-ups. We did have a friend over for dinner one night, and a gal from my Connection Group came over for the afternoon yesterday. We also attended the Christmas party for Anthem staff and elders.
Otherwise, it's been chill and normal. We've gotten a decent amount of school in, which I'm grateful for, and we've been keeping up with the house for the most part, even though Christmas detritus is everywhere. One of the kids has been working extra jobs to pay for Christmas gifts, so the house is actually less dusty and sticky than it normally is, which I consider a win. And best of all, Callista did not spend any nights awake for no reason! While she still woke up to eat, there was not a single stretch of unnecessary middle-of-the-night playtime, which makes this the first week in probably four or five months that that has been the case. Knock on wood for me that this pattern hangs around!
1 comment :
i love how you act like "detritus" is a word i'm supposed to know. :)
anybody else have to look that one up?
Post a Comment