Much of last week was spent either prepping for Thanksgiving, or at the dentist with the kids. Penelope got a tooth filled, and Finneas had a dead tooth taken out since an abscess had formed above it. Yummy. He looks so scrappy and "Finn" with a missing tooth, but I have to admit I miss his little-boy smile.
This year, I had a lot of help prepping for Thanksgiving. This lady helped me brine the turkey and make the stuffing, and she made cranberry sauce by herself! To top it all off, she got the urge to try her hand at baking one day, so she made some cornbread muffins for me. Between her interest and skills in the kitchen, and all the stuff I've just delegated to the Amish bakery (our rolls, pies, and bread for the stuffing were all from there this year), I'll probably be totally out of a job come next Thanksgiving. Which is fine by me!
My beautiful turkey in its beautiful brine. If you want the recipe I use every Thanksgiving (and believe me, you do: I end up wrapping this guy in bacon!) you can find it posted on the Facebook page.
Thanksgiving itself was great. I clearly had an amazing time stuffing my face.
The boys had fun cuddling up with their Uncle Austin and watching YouTube videos of Humvees.
We finally weaned Rocco off his bottle, and oh my word, it was rough. It took him nearly two full weeks before he'd drink from anything else, and he was so dehydrated and felt like crap. As a result, he was super clingy, so I spent a lot of time trying to do normal-people things with a Toddler Turtle Shell.
Todd taught at church on Sunday, and really blew me away. He is such a great teacher - check out this week's sermon from Malachi on the topic of marriage here. (If you want to hear about the time someone threw a whole pizza at me because I was being 'shallow', that story is in there.)
The rest of this week has been spent getting together with lots of college gals and friends. Unsurprisingly, Todd's marriage sermon has stirred the pot in the college quarter, which means lots of fun, deep, real talks, which I just love. It's been a good week!
Now, if I can just wean Rocco off his paci and move Callista to her own room... Whew. There's always something to look forward to in future weeks, I guess.







1 comment :
if there is one thing you can say about team vv it's that we pack a lot of crap into a few weeks
Post a Comment