All that being said, I am also constantly blown away and surprised by how difficult early pregnancy is. There really is this amnesia that kicks in in between pregnancies that makes you think, "It can't possibly have been that bad. It wasn't debilitating. It wasn't all-consuming. It was hard, yeah, but I took it in stride and can do it again." And then cold reality slaps you in your sweaty, barf-crusted face and you're like, "HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS COMING?!"
Over the last two and a half months, I have likely averaged about twelve hours a day lying on the couch, watching Call the Midwife. The only liquid I can keep down with any level of consistency is RC Cola, and even with that, I'm getting pretty seriously dehydrated. Heaven forbid I eat anything for breakfast other than bacon, or I will spend the day tossing my cookies. And we've probably dropped over a hundred bucks at McDonald's on (muffin-less) Sausage and Egg McMuffins, because this baby is clearly a foodie. I have never felt less like Audrey Hepburn in my life, which is saying something, because I've never actually felt remotely like her.
I won't lie to you, it's been hard. And I think you can probably figure out why I have been much more sporadic on the blog over the last few months. I'm hoping it will get better soon - I'm now fourteen weeks, and I'm having longer stretches of manageable days in between the days where I'm basically a lifeless carcass, but I'm not out of the woods yet. So continue to bear with me, and hopefully we can get things back onto a more regular track soon!
5 comments :
sausage mcmuffin with cheese -- hold the muffin
Congratulations Todd and Paige! Thank you for your example of seeing children as precious gifts from the Lord. I hope the sickness subsides soon! Have you been trying any broth soups? I am sure your work to heal the DR will be helpful for this pregnancy. Keep up the good work!
Yaaaaay! You guys make such great kids, it's exciting to see what DNA mashup occurs this time. I'm so sorry you've been feeling poorly, though, that is the WORST. It's incredible how much long-term "I feel like death" will just plain wear you down. This calls for prayers of thanksgiving and "Pleeeeeaaaase God let Paige feel better!"
Praying for you Paige and again so happy for you guys! Congratulations!
I'm laughing so hard at your Audrey Hepburn comment! That whole paragraph was gold. :) And you're so right! I'm sure labor was so hard and taxing, but looking back, I'm like "that wasn't that bad. I could totally do that again for another little baby." I think it's God's little blessing so "being fruitful and multiplying" wouldn't be such a hard task where humanity would end up dying off.
Post a Comment