Pages

easter, this year and all the years.

Yesterday was Easter, as I'm sure you probably heard if you have Facebook.  And, not to be left in the dust by all my cohorts, I will also post our family Easter photo.  Here it is.



Honestly, it's not too shabby, amiright?  Everyone's looking, no one is having a meltdown or looks like they're having a stroke.  A person couldn't really ask for more... unless they were asking for a 'silly' shot, in which case (most of) the Van Voorsts delivered, albeit a bit blurrily.  (I could have chosen a more clear one, but Finneas is just so great in this one, and Laurelai is trying to copy him.)




It was actually a really great morning - the weather was beautiful, and due to some very intentional planning, extreme overexertion the previous day, and desperate prayer, we actually made it out of the house on time for church!  After church, we grabbed lunch and headed home for naps.

And then I made the dastardly mistake of eating some chocolate chips.  "It's Easter," I said. "What can be the harm in cheating on my THM ways for one afternoon?" I asked.  And then I spent the rest of the day feeling nauseous, lightheaded, disoriented, and fatigued.  And then I tried to make Easter dinner while feeling this way.  And while it was actually a really good dinner - roast chicken, sautéed green beans with mushrooms and bacon, loaded cauliflower casserole, and salad - I got really mad when the kids complained through the whole thing.  ("Do I have to eat this?  I don't like mushrooms.  How many bites of the cauliflower do I have to eat?  I don't want chicken.  Can I be done?"  And I was all, "the next person to complain will be next year's Easter dinner.")

And then I laid on the couch in a half-comatose state for the rest of the evening.  All because of a couple of handfuls of chocolate chips.  NOT WORTH IT.  Note to self: sugar is no longer your friend.  Sugar is no longer your friend.  Sugar is no longer your friend.

So, to cheer myself up, I went back and found Easter photos from the past few years!  So many kids, so many houses.

Last year (2016):


2015:



2014:



2013:



2012:



And there was this gem of a photo (and a whole post of equally funny photos of Atticus being an Easturd):



2 comments :

todd said...

I love this walk around the ol Easter block. I really enjoy watching our family grow. Good times!

Danielle Tiarks said...

I will forever see that fence post in your 2016 easter pictures as Todd's third nipple.

But also your pictures are AMAZING. This is so fun to see!!