Pages

saturday, dad-urday

I've mentioned before that I take Saturday mornings to head out of the house to read my Bible and just be on my own for a bit.  While I'm gone, Todd and the kids party it up at home... and party they do.  They have a whole routine down.

First, Todd makes breakfast for everyone - usually his special scrambled eggs, often served in a breakfast burrito.  The kids also get coffee with lots of creamer in it, and they listen to Johnny Cash while they chow down.






After breakfast, Todd gets the bath time assembly line going, and all the kids come out squeaky clean.  Then everyone is free to pursue a fantastic time for themselves while they continue to listen to music.  Lots of drawing, playing, and sibling cuddles ensue.


Looking through family yearbooks.



Drawing by oneself.



Drawing (and drinking coffee) by NOToneself.



Honing creative skills, like Penelope's newfound ability to make a mean deviled egg (with smoked salmon and green onions).



Is that not the most glorious thing to ever grace a paper plate?



Bestie time.


More bestie time.


i


Cuddling Grammy June.

Saturdays are one of the highlights of the week!  I know, I know; I say that about pretty much every part of our week.  But, 1) this really is one of our top faves, and 2) what's so wrong with a life that is pretty much just one big long highlight reel?  I ask you.

#bestlife.

1 comment :

todd said...

agreed. we are living the highlight life.