We started off the week with a visit from my parents. We have a lot of March birthdays around here (Finneas' big day is the 6th, followed by my stepDoug's on the 17th, and mine on the 26th) so they came down to do a big weekend celebration for everyone at once (though I think Doug got the short end of the stick, as you'll quickly see).
For my birthday, they helped their verrrrrrry non-handy daughter hang some much-needed shelving in the laundry room. Until this weekend, this is what my overflow pantry storage looked like:
Yikes much?
Atticus had a ball getting to help out, and even Finneas held up a wall for a couple of minutes (that was enough to scratch the handyman itch for him).
We took a break midday on Saturday to celebrate Finneas' birthday with a Star Wars-and-tacos party. (I keep trying to make a mashup word in my mind - Luke Skytaco-r? No, that's stupid - but it's just not coming to me. Any help, punny friends?) We ate a little food, opened a few presents, you know the drill.
And as for Doug's celebration... we, um, let him hang my shelves. How's that for a birthday present? (I would just like to issue my formal apology here, Doug.)
On Sunday, Todd preached a great sermon on Noah, which you can listen to here. We also let the kids explore the new van for a bit after nap (hence the "naptime hair" on Penelope), and they were manic with excitement.
On Monday, I got us all into the chiropractor, had a neighbor over for coffee, and actually got a date night in with Todd before the baby comes! We went to Red Lobster, because although there are much higher quality (and much cheaper!) local places, I just can't get enough seafood when I'm pregnant. So I downed an entire plate of crab legs in a single sitting, which duly impressed our waiter. (Note to readers: if a pregnant woman - or really, any woman - eats enough in your presence that you're surprised, act completely nonplussed. Act like you see this kind of gluttony every day of your life. Don't get all wide-eyed and aback-taken, unless you want her to eat you, too.)
Nothing much of note happened on Tuesday or Wednesday, which I am completely grateful for. We did school, we headed up to the Amish, I took about a million hours' worth of naps. On Thursday, a woman from church watched the kids so I could head to the midwife's office all footloose and fancy-free by myself (which actually means, "including Atticus," who tagged along with me 'because he loves me and wants to keep me company.' Um, SWOON. Okay, kid. You can come with me.) Nothing new there - I'm growing right where I should be, I'm declining any ultrasounds and invasive 'checks' at this time, and everything looks good so far.
In other pregnancy news, I'm in a stage where I can't sleep because my legs are in a lot of pain, so I'm going to try to book an appointment for a massage soon. I'm getting really worn out. I also know a few of you have asked if there is anything we can use for this baby, so I set up a couple small registries at Amazon (here) and Target (here) to help with ideas!
We've spent the week swapping out vehicles to get them safety inspected so that we can register them in Missouri (the registration process here requires nothing short of blood and four years off your life, per vehicle), but we finally got the big van back yesterday and got all the seats installed. The kids had a blast on our maiden voyage.
Today, a friend offered to watch the kids so I can get some baby prep done. I'm going to run to Aldi to get some ingredients for freezer meals, and Target to get a new nursing bra, because I like to live life on the edge. It will be the first time I drive the megavan somewhere official. It will be the first time I back out of the driveway, and figure out how to Parking Lot. Wish me luck. So much luck. All the luck in the entire world, plus any extra there might be lying around in the corners of creation.
Sitting in the passenger seat, my favorite place in ANY vehicle, but especially this one. I hate driving, and am dreading having to commandeer this Leviathan.
And that was our week! Things are only going to get speedier from here, so hold onto your hats - you'll be meeting our (still-nameless-as-of-yet) little girl soon!














2 comments :
Leviathan, i like it. we had also discussed Kraken, if I recall. either Behemoth would also work. Anything that is large and in charge like a sick A boss, really.
your line about not poking a pregnant bear unless you want to also be eaten was GOLD!!!
Yay! I LOVE that you included interior pictures of the van! I've been dying to see how it compares to what you had before. That's incredible! Those kids have SO MUCH SPACE now! Ugh, I'm super pumped for you :)
But how is Callista doing?! Maybe I just need to be texting you instead of waiting a week for an update...
Post a Comment