This week was hella crazy.
Last Friday, I took Callista in to the doctor for some testing. She's been having some GI issues for a long time now, but suddenly they took a turn for the much much worse. I can't even describe to you what we were facing. Just... oh my word. But we had the whole weekend ahead of us before we would be able to get to the lab to have her samples taken.
We spent a LOT of time cuddling on the couch. She was clearly not feeling like herself.
In the meantime, our church held a women's event, which was fun - and I got to speak on a Q and A panel, which was also fun. I like doing stuff like that. Also, though, I was so nervous my tank top was soaked in preggo-belly sweat by the time I was done.
After I got home Saturday around lunch time, we had a small party to celebrate Finneas' birthday. It was SO fun - I'll have to share more about it next week!
Saturday afternoon, I ran to the library to pick up a few holds, and got to browse the sale for a bit. I unearthed a few great finds, including Penelope's new favorite book, "Lad." She's been trying to push through the remaining discomfort from her concussion last week in order to read it, but reading still makes her nauseous and tired. Luckily, Sunday afternoon was a perfect time to fall asleep reading a book.
On Monday we went to the lab for Callista's blood draw. I was really worried about how it would go, but she was an absolute champion. They put the tourniquet on her arm, and she seemed mildly curious, but as soon as they stuck the needle in, she just looked away and got really calm and still. No flinching, no crying. She was way more mature about blood draws than her 32-year-old mother is.
Monday night, I went grocery shopping and took Laurelai along as my helper. We discovered, to our dismay, that they're remodeling the Janky Aldi. I liked Janky Aldi. I knew Janky Aldi. Now it's got tile and fancy fridge cases, and I'm like, "You've changed, Aldi." Why can't things stay ugly and old and familiar?!
On Tuesday, we went back to the lab to turn in a stool sample. Hooray! I got to scoop poop out of a diaper and carry it around in a cup in my purse for a while! Every mother's dream.
On Wednesday, we made a morning of errands: Amish trip, Walmart grocery pickup, library. I had a friend over in the afternoon, and in the evening, we welcomed home the newest member of our family, OUR NEW FIFTEEN PASSENGER VAN!
This is big news, guys. You have no idea how much prayer, and how much truly miraculous provision, went into acquiring this thing. It is just the coolest story: ask me about it sometime. We're still deciding on a name for it, and I'm still girding my loins for the day that I actually have to figure out how to back it out of our driveway, but it's OURS, and I could just downright smooch it.
Yesterday, we spent the day cleaning and OH MY WORD I AM NOT CUT OUT FOR DAILY LIFE AT THIS POINT. My legs are in rebellion, my back is a wreck, and I have a varicose vein on my butt cheek. MY BUTT CHEEK, you guys. I think this is my cue to just bow out now.
Luckily, the girls still think pregnancy is cute and fun for all involved (or, at least, it is when it only weighs as much as a balloon inside your shirt).
And I'm able to muster a pleasant look sometimes.
Which is the kind of enthusiasm I'm going to need, as Callista's test results are starting to roll in, and we learned that we're dealing with (among other things) salmonella and e. coli. Excellent! Bring on the weekend!












2 comments :
it is always a whirlwind, but it is always fun to look back on the week that was.
also, how cute is Callista? om my word.
and by the by, it is getting increasingly more difficult to convince this robot than i am NOT also a robot.
Post a Comment