This week was FULL of stuff! Too much to fit into one post, I guess - I had 32 pictures to upload. That's too many. So I'll fill you in on what I can, and then maybe tell you more in another post next week. But as for now... let's see how much I can get covered!
My crazy-town citrus plants are loving the Missouri life. This idiot key lime thinks November is as good a time as any to start growing limes. This photo was taken last weekend; since then, all the blossoms have dropped off, and this crazy thing is covered in miniscule limes. So weird.
This tiny fellow is teaching himself to read. I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT. HE IS JUST TOO CUTE.
PenelopeGirl turned 7.5!
Penelope and I worked together to make a mocha cheesecake for Todd's birthday celebration on Saturday night. (He requested grilled cheese, Spaghetti-O's and cheesecake. I made it happen.) Not to brag or anything, my there isn't a single crack on the surface of this cheesecake, which is a major feat accomplished. However, it did drip cheesecake juice all over the inside of my oven, so the whole house was billowing smoke, I had to open every single window and door in the place to keep us all from asphyxiating, and we hunkered down in the basement to stay below the smoke line. Top shelf baking skills, Paige Van Voorst.
Laurelai's butterflies emerged from their chrysalises, and Rocco could not have been more enthralled. ("Bug! Bug!") We got the privilege of releasing them in fifty-degree weather. I'm pretty sure they all died immediately.
We painted pumpkins, which I'll detail more next week, but I'll give you this teaser:
Sunday Todd preached a sermon on the 500th anniversary of the Reformation, and on Tuesday, some friends came by and 'nailed' the 95 theses to our door in homage to surprise him. It. Was. Awesome. I love that we have friends who are as nerdy about this stuff as we are. (Josh even went to the trouble of coffee-staining each individual sheet!)
And.... HALLOWEEN!!! As per usual, my mom sewed all the kids' costumes. As per usual, she killed it.
We had: Abraham Lincoln, Dorothy, a U.S. soldier, Mr. Peanut (ahem, I mean MISS Peanut; excuse me), a garden gnome, and a ballerina.
As a side note, Rocco is wearing a 2T costume.
We only went around the block, and we still ended up with about twenty seven bajillion pounds of candy. And it's the good stuff, too - Reese's, Snickers, etc. Wouldn't you know it, the kids have been fighting over the DumDums like real chumps, leaving the good candy to stare me down all day. I'm about to gain seventy pounds, you just watch.













1 comment :
it is getting harder and harder to prove that i'm not a robot. are robots getting smarter or am i getting dumber (i about spelled that "dummer") so asked and answered, i guess. :)
Post a Comment