Pages

new year, same old me.

todd and i have started looking around at houses!  oh. my. word.  i am so excited!  our little apartment has served us really well, but 3.5 years and 2 kids after moving in, it's not serving our needs quite as well and we're hoping for a little more space.  maybe a yard.  not a known meth lab down the hall.  extravagant, i know, but i'm worldly like that.

so, for those of you who don't know me, i'm an INTJ on the meyers-briggs scale.  that's just a concise way of saying i desperately need people-free alone time, i'm kind of intuitive, i'm a thinker more than a feeler, and i'm SUPER organized and structured...

so naturally, during my alone time, i ...intuited.. a super organized and structured list of things i'm wanting to keep in mind when looking for a house.  and i'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but it is a 3-page long word document.  i'm not kidding. 

so...good luck to us.  we'll probably never find a house that meets my standards and, in addition, my apartment managers will realize i have something against the meth lab down the hall and evict us.  they're highly selective like that.

 in my list's defense, they're not all 'make or break' issues, but rather just things to keep in mind.  like, is there a utility sink? and where will we put the TV? are a far cry from does it have enough space for a growing family? and is there a known and unemployed pervert living next door?  it's all about priorities.  because a utility sink is VERY important to me.

but back to the point of all this: my list.  in all seriousness, the house search is really just an excuse for me to make a truly awesome list.  and i would consider this house search to be successful because i want to make out with my list.  so i guess the house search has served its purpose and is now officially over.  although, if i actually looked at real houses, i could compare them to my list and develop pro/con lists in addition...

house search: BACK ON.

i'll let you know how it goes.

if you're in the market for a new house and/or need a ready-made list to make out with, let me know and i'll hook you up with this bad boy.

3 comments :

apotratz said...

I'm pretty sure there are some houses around the North side of Ames near us that are for sale!

TheCrislers said...

http://www.iowasexoffender.com/simplesearch/?type=simple&lastname=&firstname=&postalcode=50010&action=Submit+Search

This website is useful when you are either:
househunting, or;
want to have nightmares.
You are welcome.

lauren said...

hahahaha. oh gosh, you're my favorite sister. and your making out comment makes me think of homestar. strongsad: "strongbad...are you making out with that piece of loose leaf?"