Pages

what's up weekly. (Ophelia is three months old!)

This week has been surprisingly mild, with very little news to report.  Last week's headache and fever lasted through Sunday, so that was the main news of the weekend.  Once the fever broke, the headache lingered until my chiropractor appointment on Tuesday, where I asked him to adjust my neck and, after feeling around, he asked, "How did this happen to you?!"  Apparently, I was pretty out of whack.  Once I was adjusted, the headache went away entirely, with no lingering soreness or anything.  I am so grateful for a good chiropractor.

The kids continued to battle with the fever/tummy bug until Wednesday, but we have been in the clear since then.

Other than that, the week has trucked along like normal.  We're still on schedule with our schoolwork, but I would like to get ahead so we can finish a little early.  


Drinking coffee, working on his graphic novel.


The kids spent plenty of time outside this week, since the temps were in the seventies.  I would like to get the summer clothes out, since they come in all hot and sweaty, but we're set to have at least one more dip down into the fifties in the next couple of weeks, so I'm putting it off a bit longer.  In other outside news, I discovered a mole or something has ripped our front yard to heck (yes, the front yard I have been working so hard to make nice for the last few years), so now I will have to troubleshoot that.  It's like a neverending puzzle.




For those wondering about our chicken coop and its future occupants: we will be picking out some baby chicks in a couple of weeks when we're on break.  (Break weeks always go better for us when we have plenty of out-of-the-ordinary stuff planned.)  So wish us luck - and pray for our chicks.  I have a Lenny or two in the bunch, and I fear a little for the lives of anything tiny in their hands.

And in other news, Ophelia is officially three months old!  She is the smooshiest smoosh of all the smooshes.  She is so happy and wonderful, and the kids are still so intensely in love with her - it hasn't worn off.  We are still waiting to hear her first laugh - I can't wait for the kids to witness it.  They are going to keel over from cuteness overload.



"I'm so big!"



And honestly, that was about it.  Here are a few other random highlights from the week:


Todd has been keeping our dining room table supplied with beauty.  Once one bouquet bites the dust, there is another to take its place.



I bought Operation for the kids and they love it.  And have already lost the pieces.  I am not a board game person, but the kids have loved getting a few new games lately - they get along really well as they play, and it keeps them occupied for long stretches.  So I've been keeping my eyes peeled for good, classic games they can play together.



Finneas, enjoying his legions of action figures.  Also, my couch is very, very sad.



Finneas made this for Atticus, who has it taped up by the head of his bed.  I can't tell you how lucky I am to get front row seats to my kids' relationships with one another.


And now I'm off!  I have grocery pick ups, a Fed Ex pick up scheduled to send my pressure canner in for repair, Big Kid school, and hopefully some organizing of the boys' room and the kitchen on the docket for the day.  Wish me luck!

1 comment :

todd said...

Psalm 133:1
Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

It is so much fun watching them all make collective memories together. Making memories is the only way to take time with you.