Most of our activity over the last two weeks has been of the 'masterly inactivity' persuasion.
Juni has been really into throwing parties lately.
Is this not just the coziest thing you've ever seen, and such a perfect way to spend the tween years?
The boys continue on in their quest to become the world's best stop-motion filmmakers.
Finneas aged a little and is now in his mid-twenties.
We spent a lot of time outside this week, including picnics and loooots of raking.
In postpartum news, I am hitting that really bad 'brain fog' stage where it feels like my brain is a big bowl of mashed potatoes and every word I want to say is hidden somewhere in the potatoes but I have to scuba dive for each one. (Remember when I was postpartum with Penelope and I couldn't remember my last name when I was called for jury duty? I thought it was Page. I thought my own actual Christian name was Paige Page. True story.) Also, my hair is starting to fall out so I'm having to part it on the other side to more effectively hide my bald patch. It's such a magical time. Tomorrow will be the official 80-day mark of the end of postpartum season. It's funny - it really has taken this long to feel like I can be back up and running at normal capacity. It has been the perfect amount of time. Maybe now I should finally start doing the laundry myself again.
In Ophelia news, we took her on her first long-ish car trip and she was a complete champ. She seems to love the car, and she was conked out for most of the 2.5-hour drive - other than a quick stop to feed her - both ways! (We went to Leavenworth this weekend to attend the baptism of a friend's baby. It was precious.)
Headed into church.
The kids' glasses came in, and they are all rocking them. Lolo even got glasses this time! She is, apparently, nearly blind in one eye. Who knew? We're going to have to do some patching to hopefully strengthen that eye.
I reported last month that Lolo had turned eight and a half. She, in fact, did not. She has now.
This week we have not only gotten fully caught up from the weeks of lax schooling due to Covid and postpartum, but we have actually gotten a little ahead! This is the time of year when I start to really book it to the finish line. We're scheduled through the second week of May, but wouldn't it be great if we could be done sooner than that??! Like... by the end of April?! I doubt we'll get that far ahead, but it's worth a shot.
Today, I have a few things on the agenda. I have been on a cleaning kick lately, trying to rid the house of extra crap that is lurking around. I've had some items I've wanted to take to Goodwill for a while, but the weather seems to always be bad on the days I am planning to go. BUT TODAY IS THE DAY, FRIENDS. And, conveniently, Goodwill is by the yard waste site, so I'll take some leaves that we bagged up this week (SO. MANY. LEAVES.)... although, the Goodwill stuff and the leaves are all bagged in the same kind of black plastic bags, so maybe I'll have to make two separate trips just so I don't get confused and accidentally give the Goodwill guy sacks of wet yard trash.
I'm also going to pick up some groceries, and hopefully clean the ceiling in the girls' room. Glam! Then we'll finish up our school reading for the week.
And last but not least, here are a couple photos that I would like to submit for the archives:
Penelope is Relentlessly Penelope.
Rocco got to go pick up the pizza with Todd this week, and he asked to listen to his favorite band on the drive. Coal Chamber. Coal Chamber is his favorite band.
AND THAT IS THAT! Now I'm off to feed my sweet girl. Have a fantastic weekend!
1 comment :
thank you again for taking the time to document these busy, fruitful days, it would be easy to forget all that goes on during our weeks without these and i know we will be very grateful when we look back upon them later in life. and what a treasure trove for the kids to sort back through and watch the joy-fill frenzy of all things Van Voorst!
Post a Comment