So, I have to admit, this week was pretty uneventful. We are so. close. to wrapping up school for the year. We finished the bulk of it last week! The kids still have some minor independent work to do before breakfast each day for the next few weeks, and the big kids still had Latin this week (today's their last day!), so we're not completely out of the woods. But the majority of our yearly goals have been met and checked off and shoved to the back of our minds. It feels good!
We have spent our free time lounging and trying to find stuff to do inside while it's raining. This spring has been so incredibly rainy, and our backyard is off-limits right now anyway, so we've been going a little stir-crazy in the house. Which is how stuff like this happens:
Normally this would look strange, but anyone watching the news lately has likely been tempted at some point to dress like this. I might even bet money you already have one of these outfits ready to go in your closet.
I tried to be at least a little industrious with my extra time this week. I cleaned out Juni's room and closet, as well as organized the dressers in her room. I also, for the first time, tried out the bread machine someone gave me six years ago. I picked strawberries from the garden and worked on the front lawn a little when it was dry. I am nearly finished with The Shaping of a Christian Family by Elisabeth Elliot, and started the ever-re-readable Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio. I also actually put on jeans a couple of times, and did my hair once. I am unstoppable.
Lastly, I would like to highlight last Sunday. First of all, I went into Hu Hot here in town and NO ONE WAS WEARING A MASK and it was crowded and I got extra rice in my to-go order and everything just felt right with the world. Second of all, it was Pentecost, and you know what that means: CHEESEBOARD!! With mimosas. Because I felt like it.
And that was literally our whole week. What a doozy (not).









1 comment :
Fans of old school Good Mythical Morning will recognize your lead in. Nice touch! Of course, they probably are miffed that I didn't just say GMM.
Post a Comment