Last Friday, Atticus turned eleven and a half! (Yes, we celebrate half-birthdays around here; we never pass up an opportunity to party.) We celebrated by going for a walk and letting him push the stroller up The Hill Difficulty, like the man that he is. (Before you go whistleblowing, I would just like to clarify he requested the responsibility. Because that's what men do.)
In the evening, we had a member's meeting at church, and later Todd and I watched Mama Mia. As always with movies these days, it was mostly good with some uncomfortable moments. But the best part of Friday night was DISCOVERING CLUELESS IS BACK ON NETFLIX!
Summer is about to get ignored in the name of watching Clueless on repeat until my brain turns to mush. I literally can't even wait.
This week was a grocery shopping week, which is always a good time. It means we're about to have food for a while, so I tend to like it. But beyond that, I enjoy heading to the grocery store by myself and having a little 'me' time. However, because I shop at Aldi, I almost always make a new friend, and this week did not disappoint. This week's new friend looked like an exact, perfect mashup of my mom and Todd's mom. Talking to her was the craziest thing I have ever experienced. Her mannerisms were just so Jacqi, and her face was just so Karen, but also she was 65 and British and has an indoor swimming pool in her house, so the comparison really just stopped at her looks and mannerisms. ALDI IS FULL OF THE BEST PEOPLE.
On Wednesday, a friend offered to make the Amish trip for me, so the kids and I spent the morning picking up a Walmart order, and you know what that means: NEW PLAYING CARDS! I have been in a 'playing one-handed Solitaire in my down-time' mood lately, and I was winning like all the time, and I thought it was just because I was really good and really lucky and really pretty, but then I discovered it was because my old deck of playing cards only had 44 cards in it. Whoopsie. Now I have a full deck, and I win way less often, which I think is Fortune's way of telling me to stop playing cards by myself and go outside for once.
So, I have been using my cards to play Go Fish with the kids. (Inside, because Fortune doesn't get to tell me everything.)
And, beyond that, there is not a whole lot going on in these parts. I have been doing some yardwork, which has been weirdly fun now that our (front) yard is no longer ugly. (Our back is still the mangiest pile of mud and weeds, but who cares? I never have to look at it.) I have also been putting off building a compost bin that I bought supplies for two weeks ago. I will hopefully get to that today.
Rocco has been "reading". The boys have been writing a book. I have watched Clueless once-and-a-half so far.
Well, I'm off to either build a compost bin or watch half of Clueless... I'll let you guess which.










1 comment :
i'm not clueless as to which option you will likely pick :)
Post a Comment