Pages

Nen turned Ten!

One of the things I didn't get to post about when the laptop was fried was Penelope's birthday!


She is a 'gifty' gal - she is the absolute best at giving presents, and takes so much joy in receiving presents from people who love her.  Which makes her THE MOST FUN to buy for.  It becomes seriously problematic for me - there are always so many things I know she'd just love (plus, she never buys anything for herself with her allowance money, since she spends it all on gifts for others, so it's not like she just gets herself the things she wants before anyone else can).  I cannot express just how fun her birthday is for me!

First, I saw a dress at Target that I knew she'd just love, so I let her open it the morning of her party so she could wear it in all of her pictures.




I think she liked it.





Isn't she beautiful?





Later in the day, she opened gifts, including this sweet acrostic (and some zinnia seeds) from her penpal, Taylor.



Laurelai also knows the joy of giving Penelope gifts - she got her an apron and some oven mitts.




Atticus surprised Nen with a fish tank... he offered to pay for her to pick out a goldfish of her very own to live in it.  (And then die in it... whoops.)




My parents sent her a beautiful Hogwarts snowglobe that plays the HP theme song when cranked.  It is seriously heirloom quality.



The rest of us gave her gifts as well - Finneas gave her some nail polish, Rocco gave her some scrunchies, Callista gave her a headband, and Todd and I gave her Moana, a golden snitch alarm clock for her room, and some lip gloss. 

Then we had birthday pie.  (She chose an Amish-made Dutch apple pie instead of a from-a-box cake made by yours truly.  She is so wise.)




I just love this girl to pieces.


Modeling her cute new apron from Lolo.

 Then we all FaceTimed family that we haven't seen since before lockdown.



We had such a fun day celebrating our sweet girl.  She is funny and wise and helpful and so talented.  She is an incredible writer, poet, actress, playwright, singer, musician and songwriter.  She is a mama hen, taking such amazing care of her younger siblings because it brings her joy to do so.  She is my right hand gal, and such a joy to be around.  She is beautiful and modest.  She loves reading her Bible, and makes time to read in it daily.  She loves animals, especially horses.  She is driven and inventive and her mind is always going a million miles an hour.  She is sarcastic and punny and witty and insightful.  She is grounded and wise and deliberate.  She is honest and lives with so much integrity.  She really is a force - a quiet, calm, steady force.  

Everyone who knows her is better for it.  And those of us who get to call her 'ours' are especially privileged.

We love you, Nen, and could not be more grateful to be yours!

1 comment :

todd said...

https://onceforalldelivered.blogspot.com/2020/04/day-no-15164-penfold-penelope-page.html