Pages

what's up weekly.

On the first day of Christmas week, my true love gave to me photos of me sewing Juni's stocking.  (Fun fact: whenever I concentrate on a task like sewing or deep cleaning, I purse my lips so hard they're chapped for days afterward.  I hope to someday strike it rich so I never have to work hard enough to purse my lips ever again.  It's for the sake of my health.)



On the second day of Christmas week, my true love gave to me photos of the stockings hung by the TV with care.  (And, lurking in the shot, The Ghost of Christmas Todd and The Ghost of Laundry Ever-Present.)




Also, a nap with a sick kid.





On the third day of Christmas week, my true love gave to me word art on my freshly painted chalkboard easel.




Also, a kid who knows how to live her best life.



Also, a precious stuffy baby who couldn't sleep and just wanted to cuddle in the middle of the night.



On the fourth day of Christmas week, my true love gave to me a maestro who's not wearing any pants.




On the fifth day of Christmas week, my true love gave to me CHRI-IIIIIIII-ISTMAS EVE!



Also, cinnamon rolls for breakfast, 'breakfast burrito bread' for lunch, a candlelight Christmas Eve service, a feast day cheeseboard with jalapeno popper dip, opening (and donning) Christmas jammies, a popcorn party while we watched The Nativity Story, and a slumber party for all the big kids - five of them slept in the boys' room in anticipation of Christmas morning.  (Clearly, Christmas Eve was epic.)


Pre-icing.  Don't they look so pretty?









On the sixth day of Christmas week, my true love gave to me THE CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION TO END ALL CHRISTMAS CELEBRATIONS.  I will have to post about it next week - there were 600 photos of the day.  That is how well we party.


We opened stockings before breakfast.



JuniBear's First Christmas!




Family arrived for the big gift opening part of the day.




On the seventh day of Christmas week, my true love gave to me a day off to nap and cook and detox from all the sugar I'm no longer eating (as of the seventh day of Christmas week).  I took my rest day so seriously that I didn't even take photos, though I did manage to take a shower, which felt like a feat.

Today will be spent further resting, and scouring the internet for new living room pillows, one of my many amazing gifts from my amazing husband, who also bought me my two new best friends.


View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Paige Van Voorst (@theminivanvoorsts) on



"We are transporting 11 million sticks of dynamite, 17 thousand pounds of C-4, about 150 cute little classic bomb-type bombs, and TWO BEST FRIENDS!"


Well, friends.  Get off your phones and go enjoy the last weekend this decade has to offer.

1 comment :

todd said...

the last Friday pizza night of 2019 in the queue. what a life! God is gracious.