Pages

i just love my job.

I have been struggling lately with the weight of life.  Homeschooling is a lot right now.  Juggling seven kids is a lot.  (Derr, I know that sounds like a dumb thing to say.)  I have been getting overwhelmed and discouraged.  And then last night, I was going through photos from our vacation this summer, and stumbled across these gems that put life back into perspective.







I love taking care of these people of mine.  I love spending my days with them.  Sure, it gets hard sometimes, but that just indicates the amount of sweat equity they're worth.  My goal is not to have an easy life, but a great life.  I'm grateful that the difficulties are simply indicators that I'm not settling for easy.  It does get hard sometimes, but I'm deeply happy.

2 comments :

todd said...

i LOVE these photos and this post. everything about it. LOVE!!!

Lissa said...

I am with you! I was listening to a podcast yesterday about how we act shows our children their first glimpse of what God is like and he was asking are you making God look like Eeyore or like he's moody or like his acceptance of us or our children is based on how we act and it gave me pause, because I think I have been in a long slump of giving my children the wrong picture of what God is like. It's so great to self-talk and -teach and remind ourselves of what is true of our life and our children and God's character.