I really have no idea where the time goes. Wasn't she just a tiny baby with massive eyes?
Now she's a tiny toddler with massive eyes.
She is so full of life. Everywhere she goes, she leaves her mark. Nothing is the same after she's touched it. Books are colored in, the fridge is colored on, every last bit of food is devoured, whether sanctioned or not. She's a little tornado, leaving all kinds of destruction in her wake. She is feisty and wild and climbs on everything. But she is so soft, too. She cuddles, and loves to read books. She loves to trade pacifiers throughout the day like they're accessories to her outfit. She comforts anyone who is crying with a pat on the back and a "hukk." She loves to help set the table, and when I tell her things like, "Put this by Lolo's seat," she knows exactly where to put it, even when the bigger kids aren't around. She knows who they all are, and where they all sit. She loves to stand on a chair to watch them when they play outside. She is so much joy and blessing, all wrapped up in tiny little shorts. I could not possibly love her more, or my heart would explode and I would die.
After that exciting day, the week has seemed pretty dull. I am still struggling to keep my head above water. With so many half-finished projects around the house, plus our continued homeschooling routine, plus organizing the upcoming school year, plus trying to stay on top of regular daily tasks (like wiping the mud off the walls, and floors, and shower curtain, and walls again, because it's summer and everything is always filthy), plus the sometimes-draining pace of breastfeeding, I do get a bit overwhelmed at times. Luckily, all these adorable sisters are here to take my mind off things:
Off to a fantastic weekend of birthday partying and naps!




1 comment :
"She is so much joy and blessing, all wrapped up in tiny little shorts."
That is such a great summary of our little Lissy Lou.
Post a Comment