She is super chill and, with a little bit of training, has fallen into a predictable sleep routine. She wakes up, eats, and hangs out for about 45 minutes or so, at which point she gets fussy and is ready for a nap. I put her down, pop her paci in, and she sleeps for about an hour. At which point we start the cycle again. She makes life with a newborn so easy. How does she do it?!
She has mastered the social smile and lights up when she locks eyes with anyone. She is adored by everyone in the house, and is constantly being fought over. We all want to be the one who gets to hold her. When she's not being held, she likes to just chill on the couch. She hasn't really taken to the bouncy seat yet, and isn't a huge fan of being worn, though she'll tolerate it.
She sometimes needs a little encouragement to remember how to smile.
She still wakes up once or twice a night to eat, but has sorted out her days and nights, so she's never up for long stretches overnight.
She is super strong and can hold her head up like a champ when on her tummy. Some mornings I open my eyes and look over at her pack and play, to see her eyes peering at me over the rail because she's pushed herself up so high with her arms. Her legs are really strong, too, and she loves to stand up (assisted, obviously) on my lap.
The kids love helping out with her - they will often want to hold or rock her if she's fussy, and Laurelai prays for her before almost every nap. Penelope even changed her diaper for the first time yesterday, and did an amazing job.
Lissy wanted her own baby to get in on the photo action.
Juniper is such a bright light in our days. I can't even tell you how grateful I am, or how madly in love. She is such a precious member of our family, and I don't know how I lived life without her for so long. Here's to many more months and years getting to know and love this sweet girl.








2 comments :
such a sweet girl. these are blessed days.
Post a Comment