You know what, guys? Just call me Super Nature Mom (or something similar, but cooler), because I've had a lot of opportunities lately to brag about how I'm taking my kids out on nature walks, and letting them go all Wild + Free, and cultivating a really earthy experience for their childhoods and all. What can I say? I'm basically an expert now, and my children are osmoting wilderness skills directly through the soles of their Chacos.
See? Look at us, Nature-ing!
When I Nature, I like to do it sitting down. But not directly in the grass because that's a surefire way to end up wicking moisture into my pants and getting made fun of by whatever resident hooligan decides it's his job to point it out. So I Nature from the elevated stands.
Penelope also likes to Nature as a spectator. It gives her plenty of time for girl chats, and keeps stuff from getting into her shoes, which are open-toed and not at all appropriate for the terrain. I will neither confirm nor deny whether I was the parent who thought shorts and sandals would be 'totally fine' for hiking.
See? For all the naysayers who would assert that I'd be better off walking around and exploring, I have physical evidence that the best things about being outside can be enjoyed from the comfort of a seat on a jagged boulder.
I think it's clear we returned home as rugged conquerors and fearless outdoorsmen.
I should probably just graduate them from homeschool now, since I've met all the Instagram requirements for a well-rounded childhood. Onward and upward, little survivalists! You are now equipped for a college education and a fulfilling adulthood!








1 comment :
nature is a spectator sport
Post a Comment