I heard somewhere once that you know you have a large family when you spend longer packing for vacation than you spend on the vacation itself. This is true.
What I had not been previously informed of is that you know you must be old and raising a large family when it takes you longer to recover from going on vacation than the time you spent packing and on vacation combined.
If that really is the case, I must be ancient and my family must be massive, because HOT DANG, Y'ALL. I still cannot get off the couch, and we've been home for six days now. What is wrong with me?!
I seriously feel like I lost a cage match. Yesterday, I did actually rouse myself long enough to drive up to the Amish and stop at the grocery store on the way home, but by the time I even walked in the door of the grocery store, I was famished and nearing total expiration. It led to some... bad decisions. For lunch yesterday, I ate sushi, a bean burrito, and clam chowder. (I'll grant that this may be part of the reason that I feel like walking death.)
So this is me saying that I am now thirty-two years old and clearly on my way to the grave. I take naps at 10:30 a.m. I eye-roll at people with tattoos. (Yes, yes. I realize they hypocrisy, but everyone else's tattoos are ugly and were clearly impulsive.) I have it on my mental list to purchase both orthotic inserts for my Toms, and hot rollers. I say things like, "When I was your age..." and, "These people and their gadgets..."
Why it didn't occur to me that it would take me a million years to recover from going on vacation is beyond me, but maybe that's just an indication of faulty faculties.
Whatever. Off to take a nap.
2 comments :
summon your eagle powers
dude, yes. this is why i don’t travel. that’s my daily life right there so adding in a trip? ugh. takes a thousand years to pack, get there, recover from the trip, do the things, come home, recover from coming home... and then a month or so later, unpack. (i’m not even exaggerating. it’s always like a month.)
godspeed to your recovery.
Post a Comment